Pumpkin from Rahr & Sons pours a medium to dark amber color. At least a finger of thick, off-white, foamy head. Aroma is fairly reserved, but there is a little pumpkin and a little spice. On the taste, this has many characteristics of an Amber ale or an Oktoberfest style Marzen. But there is a nice amount of pumpkin fruit and even more pumpkin spice flavors - cinnamon, clove, ginger, and nutmeg. There is a malty sweetness with hints of caramel malt and brown sugar. Plus a lot of hoppiness for this style, with earthy and grassy notes. Well balanced and full of flavor from start to finish.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane listened to Pelican. 11 minutes ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Bourbon County Brand Stout (2017). 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Peche Mortel. 1 hour ago
- RichardHarris listened to Brews and Blues in St. Louis. 3 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to A Little Bit of Everything. 4 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Really Old Brown Dog Ale (2012). 5 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Red, White, and Peach. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Milk Stout Nitro. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity