This Scottish Ale comes from Belhaven Brewery that was established in 1719. Pours a dark amber color with a large, creamy head. Aroma is malty with brown sugar sweetness. The taste is a bit different from the aroma. There’s still sweetness, but not nearly as sweet as you would guess from the aroma. Some dark malt, rye, and bready notes too. But what stands out is a peaty, metallic, barnyard funk with hints of wet straw and Parmesan cheese. And not in a bad way – it’s similar to the distinctiveness that you get with a Scotch whisky. Light bodied and smooth with mellow carbonation. Easy drinking, but lots of flavor and complexity for a 5.2% ABV beer.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- silversurfer added a rating for Pool Party Haze. 44 minutes ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Perpetual Haze. 2 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Samuel Adams Honey Queen. 3 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Stars Align. 3 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Scorpius Morchella. 4 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Zonker Stout. 6 hours ago
- ghost74 listened to Stouting Match. 6 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Saint Archer Mosaic IPA. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity