This Scottish Ale comes from Belhaven Brewery that was established in 1719. Pours a dark amber color with a large, creamy head. Aroma is malty with brown sugar sweetness. The taste is a bit different from the aroma. There’s still sweetness, but not nearly as sweet as you would guess from the aroma. Some dark malt, rye, and bready notes too. But what stands out is a peaty, metallic, barnyard funk with hints of wet straw and Parmesan cheese. And not in a bad way – it’s similar to the distinctiveness that you get with a Scotch whisky. Light bodied and smooth with mellow carbonation. Easy drinking, but lots of flavor and complexity for a 5.2% ABV beer.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa added a rating for Mogli. 19 minutes ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Dubbel Czech. 1 hour ago
- Irishnc added a rating for The Experiment - Batch #1. 2 hours ago
- PrinceCharming listened to Operation IPA Overload. 3 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Billie Cantaloupe Gose. 4 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Newcastle. 5 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for 559 RFA (Raisin Farmer Ale). 6 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Even More Jesus. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity