This Scottish Ale comes from Belhaven Brewery that was established in 1719. Pours a dark amber color with a large, creamy head. Aroma is malty with brown sugar sweetness. The taste is a bit different from the aroma. There’s still sweetness, but not nearly as sweet as you would guess from the aroma. Some dark malt, rye, and bready notes too. But what stands out is a peaty, metallic, barnyard funk with hints of wet straw and Parmesan cheese. And not in a bad way – it’s similar to the distinctiveness that you get with a Scotch whisky. Light bodied and smooth with mellow carbonation. Easy drinking, but lots of flavor and complexity for a 5.2% ABV beer.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnnaB added a rating for Blak Bavarian Style Black Lager. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer added a rating for The Next Episode. 2 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Hangar 24 Chocolate Porter. 3 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Nitro Merlin Milk Stout. 4 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Double Nut Brown Porter. 5 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Liquid Truth Serum. 6 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for PDX Carpet IPA. 7 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to Back to the Brews. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap