With Sac Fly-PA, Knee Deep takes Sacramento Triple-A baseball and a catchy play on words and affixes it to a really solid standard West Coast IPA. It pours a perfectly crystal clear, slightly amber, straw color, reminiscent of an Oktoberfest beer. It is not overly carbonated, but a consistent sparse stream of tiny bubbles flows from the bottom to the top of the glass. The head is thick, but not very dense, sort of like large soapy bath bubbles. The aroma pairs grassy and piney CTZ hops with the traditional Knee Deep grainy malts. The flavor takes a West Coast approach, favoring bitterness over sweetness. There is a complex maltiness featuring bread flavors of rye and sourdough. The malt side plays a major role and works toward balancing the hops. It finishes fairly dry which causes anticipation for the next sip.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lposada added a rating for Urumea Donostiako Pale Ale. 5 minutes ago
- plarson listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 58 minutes ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Grand Teton Brewing Sour Brown. 2 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Latitude 33 Blood Orange IPA. 3 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Everyone Gose Mad. 4 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Samuel Adams Stony Brook Red. 5 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Starburst IPA. 6 hours ago
- Irishnc listened to What's My Name Again?. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity