With Sac Fly-PA, Knee Deep takes Sacramento Triple-A baseball and a catchy play on words and affixes it to a really solid standard West Coast IPA. It pours a perfectly crystal clear, slightly amber, straw color, reminiscent of an Oktoberfest beer. It is not overly carbonated, but a consistent sparse stream of tiny bubbles flows from the bottom to the top of the glass. The head is thick, but not very dense, sort of like large soapy bath bubbles. The aroma pairs grassy and piney CTZ hops with the traditional Knee Deep grainy malts. The flavor takes a West Coast approach, favoring bitterness over sweetness. There is a complex maltiness featuring bread flavors of rye and sourdough. The malt side plays a major role and works toward balancing the hops. It finishes fairly dry which causes anticipation for the next sip.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa added a rating for Asahi. 29 minutes ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Canebrake. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Senorita Horchata Imperial Porter. 2 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for King Sue. 3 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Momo Haze. 4 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to Beer Draft: Round One. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 listened to Some Pumpkins. 6 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Stone Ruination 2.0. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity