With Sac Fly-PA, Knee Deep takes Sacramento Triple-A baseball and a catchy play on words and affixes it to a really solid standard West Coast IPA. It pours a perfectly crystal clear, slightly amber, straw color, reminiscent of an Oktoberfest beer. It is not overly carbonated, but a consistent sparse stream of tiny bubbles flows from the bottom to the top of the glass. The head is thick, but not very dense, sort of like large soapy bath bubbles. The aroma pairs grassy and piney CTZ hops with the traditional Knee Deep grainy malts. The flavor takes a West Coast approach, favoring bitterness over sweetness. There is a complex maltiness featuring bread flavors of rye and sourdough. The malt side plays a major role and works toward balancing the hops. It finishes fairly dry which causes anticipation for the next sip.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- IPAman added a rating for Odell IPA. 1 hour ago
- RichardHarris listened to New England Part 1: The Maine Event. 1 hour ago
- duffy12 listened to Easter Bunny Beer. 2 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Saint Archer IPA. 3 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Elysian Night Owl. 4 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Pepper & Peaches. 5 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Focal Banger. 6 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Field 41 Pale Ale. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity