With Sac Fly-PA, Knee Deep takes Sacramento Triple-A baseball and a catchy play on words and affixes it to a really solid standard West Coast IPA. It pours a perfectly crystal clear, slightly amber, straw color, reminiscent of an Oktoberfest beer. It is not overly carbonated, but a consistent sparse stream of tiny bubbles flows from the bottom to the top of the glass. The head is thick, but not very dense, sort of like large soapy bath bubbles. The aroma pairs grassy and piney CTZ hops with the traditional Knee Deep grainy malts. The flavor takes a West Coast approach, favoring bitterness over sweetness. There is a complex maltiness featuring bread flavors of rye and sourdough. The malt side plays a major role and works toward balancing the hops. It finishes fairly dry which causes anticipation for the next sip.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa listened to 99 Podcasts of Beer on the Web, 99 Podcasts of Beer. 20 minutes ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for RuinTen Triple IPA (2016). 1 hour ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Booming Rollers. 2 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Viejo Rojo. 3 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Icelandic White Ale. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Lambda Triple IPA. 5 hours ago
- silversurfer and 1 other listened to Turn Your Head and Coffee. 6 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Southern Pecan Nut Brown Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity