With Sac Fly-PA, Knee Deep takes Sacramento Triple-A baseball and a catchy play on words and affixes it to a really solid standard West Coast IPA. It pours a perfectly crystal clear, slightly amber, straw color, reminiscent of an Oktoberfest beer. It is not overly carbonated, but a consistent sparse stream of tiny bubbles flows from the bottom to the top of the glass. The head is thick, but not very dense, sort of like large soapy bath bubbles. The aroma pairs grassy and piney CTZ hops with the traditional Knee Deep grainy malts. The flavor takes a West Coast approach, favoring bitterness over sweetness. There is a complex maltiness featuring bread flavors of rye and sourdough. The malt side plays a major role and works toward balancing the hops. It finishes fairly dry which causes anticipation for the next sip.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Truck Trail. 54 minutes ago
- ghost74 added a rating for West Coast AF Double IPA. 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Vanilla Bean Buffalo Sweat. 3 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Cherenkov Russian Imperial Stout . 3 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Patterns Double IPA. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Pumpkin Harvest Ale. 4 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Imperial Tanilla Porter. 5 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Shot in the Dark. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity