Pours a clear, copper brown color with an off-white, foamy head. Aroma is earthy and malty, and a bit nutty. Some sweetness up front, with roasted malt, caramel, toffee, and nuts, which then transitions to a finish of earthy, grassy and piney hops. Much hoppier than most amber ales. There's also a spice kick on the back-end, like a rye ale might have. We were impressed with the varied flavors from start to finish - pretty impressive. The bitterness accumulates, but it's pleasant. Medium body and nicely carbonated. One of our go-to beers in the amber ale world, this is a nice barometer for the style.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Missy19 listened to Fall Back Grab Bag. 25 minutes ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Beer Camp Across America - Family Values. 1 hour ago
- lauralane added a rating for Mikkeller Beer Geek Cocoa Shake. 2 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to Beer Draft: Round One. 3 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Hop Sounds. 4 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Trip in the Woods: Narwhal Imperial Stout. 5 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Tellin' Lies. 6 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Mogli. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap