Pours a clear, copper brown color with an off-white, foamy head. Aroma is earthy and malty, and a bit nutty. Some sweetness up front, with roasted malt, caramel, toffee, and nuts, which then transitions to a finish of earthy, grassy and piney hops. Much hoppier than most amber ales. There's also a spice kick on the back-end, like a rye ale might have. We were impressed with the varied flavors from start to finish - pretty impressive. The bitterness accumulates, but it's pleasant. Medium body and nicely carbonated. One of our go-to beers in the amber ale world, this is a nice barometer for the style.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- plarson added a rating for Huge Arker Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout. 19 minutes ago
- Diesel5 listened to 100th Episode!. 1 hour ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Thanksgiving Leftovers. 2 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Create-A-Potato. 3 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Great Lei Pineapple Colada IPA. 4 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Redhook Sunrye Summer Ale. 5 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Glorious Pale Ale. 6 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to No Pumpkins Here. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity