Pours a clear, copper brown color with an off-white, foamy head. Aroma is earthy and malty, and a bit nutty. Some sweetness up front, with roasted malt, caramel, toffee, and nuts, which then transitions to a finish of earthy, grassy and piney hops. Much hoppier than most amber ales. There's also a spice kick on the back-end, like a rye ale might have. We were impressed with the varied flavors from start to finish - pretty impressive. The bitterness accumulates, but it's pleasant. Medium body and nicely carbonated. One of our go-to beers in the amber ale world, this is a nice barometer for the style.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Betty IPA. 5 minutes ago
- Missy19 listened to What's My Name Again?. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Exit 18 Baltic Porter. 2 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Dorado High. 3 hours ago
- lposada listened to Fourth of July Special 2015. 4 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to New England Part 1: The Maine Event. 5 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Great Divide Hercules. 6 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Drake's Drakonic Imperial Stout. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity