Pours a clear, copper brown color with an off-white, foamy head. Aroma is earthy and malty, and a bit nutty. Some sweetness up front, with roasted malt, caramel, toffee, and nuts, which then transitions to a finish of earthy, grassy and piney hops. Much hoppier than most amber ales. There's also a spice kick on the back-end, like a rye ale might have. We were impressed with the varied flavors from start to finish - pretty impressive. The bitterness accumulates, but it's pleasant. Medium body and nicely carbonated. One of our go-to beers in the amber ale world, this is a nice barometer for the style.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 listened to Oktoberfest 2016. 16 minutes ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Asahi. 1 hour ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Wynona's Big Brown Ale. 2 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Good Guy Pale Ale. 3 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to Pelican. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Tocobaga. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Lizard People. 6 hours ago
- lauralane listened to No Pumpkins Here. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity