In honor of Victoria Day in Canada, today's beer, is themed, not surprisingly, on maple. And right off the bat, it pours a maple, dark amber color with a thin off white head that all but disappears after a few minutes. The aroma is strong and sweet with an unmistakably maple syrup quality. The flavor features rich toasted malts and sweet bread. Maple syrup and a little warming booziness follows through on the aftertaste. The overall mouthfeel is medium, but lighter than you would expect on a beer this dark. This is a very unique and interesting beer from our neighbors to the north.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- RichardHarris added a rating for Venture Maine IPA. 7 minutes ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Oak Aged Highland Ale. 1 hour ago
- Irishnc added a rating for State of Haze. 2 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Here Gose Nothin'. 2 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Double Negative. 3 hours ago
- lposada listened to Louisiana and Florida Gulf Coast Brews. 4 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Blind Ambition - Alchemic Ale Series. 5 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Petrus Aged Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity