In honor of Victoria Day in Canada, today's beer, is themed, not surprisingly, on maple. And right off the bat, it pours a maple, dark amber color with a thin off white head that all but disappears after a few minutes. The aroma is strong and sweet with an unmistakably maple syrup quality. The flavor features rich toasted malts and sweet bread. Maple syrup and a little warming booziness follows through on the aftertaste. The overall mouthfeel is medium, but lighter than you would expect on a beer this dark. This is a very unique and interesting beer from our neighbors to the north.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- RichardHarris added a rating for Raspberry AF. 9 minutes ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Out of Bounds Strawberry Blonde. 51 minutes ago
- plarson added a rating for Pollen Nation Honey Blonde Ale. 2 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to San Diego Part 1. 3 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Rio Blanco Pale Ale. 4 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Critical Band. 4 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Local's Stash: BBA Lawyers, Guns & Money. 6 hours ago
- bcsbernie commented on beer 50 FT Jackrabbit. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity