In honor of Victoria Day in Canada, today's beer, is themed, not surprisingly, on maple. And right off the bat, it pours a maple, dark amber color with a thin off white head that all but disappears after a few minutes. The aroma is strong and sweet with an unmistakably maple syrup quality. The flavor features rich toasted malts and sweet bread. Maple syrup and a little warming booziness follows through on the aftertaste. The overall mouthfeel is medium, but lighter than you would expect on a beer this dark. This is a very unique and interesting beer from our neighbors to the north.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- RichardHarris added a rating for Melvin IPA. 31 minutes ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Trip in the Woods: Gin-Barrel-Aged Tripel. 1 hour ago
- Irishnc listened to It's the Great Pumpkin Show. 2 hours ago
- lauralane listened to Kansas City and Beyond. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Lips of Faith - Pear Ginger Beer. 4 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for 120 Minute IPA. 6 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Apotheosis. 7 hours ago
- Ukrainia904 commented on beer Zywiec Porter 1881. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity