Pliny for President is the limited release, Double Dry Hopped version of Pliny the Elder. It pours a fairly clear, deep gold color. A large finger of white, soapy head. Really nice hoppy aroma of pine along with a touch of citrus. On the taste, we get those same flavors, both pine and citrus, and a lesser amount of tropical fruit. Very West Coast style, with a dry, pleasant bitterness. Smooth, clean, medium body, and overall taste is very enjoyable. In comparison to Pliny the Elder, both are 8% ABV and are very similar in appearance. President seems to have a bit more freshness in the aroma, and just a bit extra when it comes to the hop flavors. It seems slightly dryer, and even smoother too. We attribute some of this to the fact that it comes in a can rather than a bottle, which we tend to prefer these days. On our podcast, we were split 50/50 in voting for Elder vs. President. Overall, Elder might be the better, more classic beer, but President seemed to be fitting for right now. You can’t go wrong with either beer, and we are fortunate to have both during an election year. Cheers!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Wookey Jack. 1 hour ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Blueberry Velvet. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Firestone Pivo Hoppy Pils. 3 hours ago
- Stevezubar added a rating for Spencer Trappist Ale. 3 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Icelandic White Ale. 3 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Lily Ale. 5 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to Dogfish Head at OTP. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Big Bad Baptist Imperial Stout California Edition. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity