Pliny for President is the limited release, Double Dry Hopped version of Pliny the Elder. It pours a fairly clear, deep gold color. A large finger of white, soapy head. Really nice hoppy aroma of pine along with a touch of citrus. On the taste, we get those same flavors, both pine and citrus, and a lesser amount of tropical fruit. Very West Coast style, with a dry, pleasant bitterness. Smooth, clean, medium body, and overall taste is very enjoyable. In comparison to Pliny the Elder, both are 8% ABV and are very similar in appearance. President seems to have a bit more freshness in the aroma, and just a bit extra when it comes to the hop flavors. It seems slightly dryer, and even smoother too. We attribute some of this to the fact that it comes in a can rather than a bottle, which we tend to prefer these days. On our podcast, we were split 50/50 in voting for Elder vs. President. Overall, Elder might be the better, more classic beer, but President seemed to be fitting for right now. You can’t go wrong with either beer, and we are fortunate to have both during an election year. Cheers!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- IPAman added a rating for Hangar 24 Amarillo Pale Ale. 33 minutes ago
- lauralane added a rating for Tart of Darkness. 1 hour ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Head Full of Dynomite v.5. 2 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to Going Vertical with Three Philosophers. 3 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Le Petit Diablotin. 4 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Old Rasputin. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to If You're Drinkin', Euro-Peein. 7 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Tre Fontane Tripel Trappist Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap