Pliny for President is the limited release, Double Dry Hopped version of Pliny the Elder. It pours a fairly clear, deep gold color. A large finger of white, soapy head. Really nice hoppy aroma of pine along with a touch of citrus. On the taste, we get those same flavors, both pine and citrus, and a lesser amount of tropical fruit. Very West Coast style, with a dry, pleasant bitterness. Smooth, clean, medium body, and overall taste is very enjoyable. In comparison to Pliny the Elder, both are 8% ABV and are very similar in appearance. President seems to have a bit more freshness in the aroma, and just a bit extra when it comes to the hop flavors. It seems slightly dryer, and even smoother too. We attribute some of this to the fact that it comes in a can rather than a bottle, which we tend to prefer these days. On our podcast, we were split 50/50 in voting for Elder vs. President. Overall, Elder might be the better, more classic beer, but President seemed to be fitting for right now. You can’t go wrong with either beer, and we are fortunate to have both during an election year. Cheers!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Mirror Universe. 13 minutes ago
- outlawninja12 listened to L.A.I.P.As. 1 hour ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Aurora. 2 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Lucky 13 Red Ale. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Galaxy Juice IPA. 4 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Pocket Watch. 5 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Sasquatchito XPA. 6 hours ago
- atlantic4400 listened to Strange Green Beer, Apical Dominance, 4/20 and more!. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap