Appearance is beautiful with a very clear, medium amber, almost red color with a thick, foamy, off-white head. Aroma is intense, with the juniper berries and sage creating a big introduction. On the taste, the hops are earthy and piney, a bit medicinal but that must be the juniper berries and sage. Plenty of malts, with caramel and dark chocolate flavors creating some mild sweetness. Mouthfeel is astringent and warming, with average to above average carbonation. The juniper berries and sage really dominate though, creating some strong flavors that you normally don't find in this style. But the taste is superb, and if you're looking for something unique in the IPA world, give this one a try.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Samuel Adams Brown Ale. 42 minutes ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Arrogant Bastard Ale. 1 hour ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Love Like This. 1 hour ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Saint Archer White Ale. 2 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Sum'r Summer Ale. 3 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Tax Holiday. 4 hours ago
- snpaulson added a rating for Metaphase. 4 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for 60 Days Dry Aged Stout. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity