Icelandic Toasted Porter pours a dark brown, nearly black color with a finger of tan, frothy head. Strong aroma of roasted malt and coffee. Taste is malt forward as you'd expect from a porter, with coffee, dark bread, and a light chocolate sweetness. Robust flavors yet well rounded. Hops are in the background, but seem earthy and grassy. Body is medium, and noticeably thicker than many porters that seem watered down. Mouthfeel is super smooth, leading to a long lingering roasted malt finish. Overall a really nice beer from Einstok.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- spaceman23 listened to Christmas Special. 53 minutes ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Scorpius Morchella. 1 hour ago
- AnkleDeep listened to Operation IPA Overload. 2 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Easter Bunny Beer. 3 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Pistil. 4 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to The Whole #9 Yards. 5 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for To The Trees. 6 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for STS Pils. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity