Icelandic Toasted Porter pours a dark brown, nearly black color with a finger of tan, frothy head. Strong aroma of roasted malt and coffee. Taste is malt forward as you'd expect from a porter, with coffee, dark bread, and a light chocolate sweetness. Robust flavors yet well rounded. Hops are in the background, but seem earthy and grassy. Body is medium, and noticeably thicker than many porters that seem watered down. Mouthfeel is super smooth, leading to a long lingering roasted malt finish. Overall a really nice beer from Einstok.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Biere de Mars. 9 minutes ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Chocolate Covered Pretzel Stout. 1 hour ago
- lposada added a rating for Slide Rule Chocolate Raspberry Gose. 2 hours ago
- budman1 listened to Going Vertical with Three Philosophers. 2 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to Hoppy Danksgiving!. 4 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Tenured Double IPA. 5 hours ago
- budman1 and 1 other added a rating for Monterey Beer. 6 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Founders Breakfast Stout. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity