Icelandic Toasted Porter pours a dark brown, nearly black color with a finger of tan, frothy head. Strong aroma of roasted malt and coffee. Taste is malt forward as you'd expect from a porter, with coffee, dark bread, and a light chocolate sweetness. Robust flavors yet well rounded. Hops are in the background, but seem earthy and grassy. Body is medium, and noticeably thicker than many porters that seem watered down. Mouthfeel is super smooth, leading to a long lingering roasted malt finish. Overall a really nice beer from Einstok.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Wookey Jack. 11 minutes ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Blueberry Velvet. 48 minutes ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Firestone Pivo Hoppy Pils. 2 hours ago
- Stevezubar added a rating for Spencer Trappist Ale. 2 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Icelandic White Ale. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Lily Ale. 4 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to Dogfish Head at OTP. 4 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Big Bad Baptist Imperial Stout California Edition. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity