Icelandic Winter Ale from Einstok pours a reddish, dark brown color. Non-transparent, with one finger of khaki colored, foamy head. The aroma is malt forward, but also has some dark fruit, smoke, and spice. Similar nose to some Belgian-style ales. The taste has big malt flavors, but what stands out is the dark fruit like we found in the aroma. Plum, fig, and raisin, paired with light smoked malt flavors. There’s a small amount of winter spice blend of nutmeg, cinnamon, and allspice in the finish. And a touch of brown sugar sweetness. Really excellent pillowy carbonation, with a smooth, warming mouthfeel. This is a fantastic seasonal beer that you should pick up.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Ironfire 51/50 IPA. Less than a minute ago.
- dheliker uploaded a photo for beer 4th of Juicy. 5 minutes ago
- dheliker added a rating for 4th of Juicy. 7 minutes ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Windows Up. 52 minutes ago
- CoachBrobb890 added a rating for Cloud Surfer. 1 hour ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Corona Premier. 1 hour ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Toaster Pastry. 2 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Bourbon Barrel Aged Dark Star: Coffee Edition (2017). 4 hours ago
- More Latest Activity