Icelandic Winter Ale from Einstok pours a reddish, dark brown color. Non-transparent, with one finger of khaki colored, foamy head. The aroma is malt forward, but also has some dark fruit, smoke, and spice. Similar nose to some Belgian-style ales. The taste has big malt flavors, but what stands out is the dark fruit like we found in the aroma. Plum, fig, and raisin, paired with light smoked malt flavors. There’s a small amount of winter spice blend of nutmeg, cinnamon, and allspice in the finish. And a touch of brown sugar sweetness. Really excellent pillowy carbonation, with a smooth, warming mouthfeel. This is a fantastic seasonal beer that you should pick up.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Source Series Apis. 37 minutes ago
- Alexa listened to Get Back to Wort!. 1 hour ago
- CoorsLightning listened to On the Boulevard. 2 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Fort George Fresh IPA. 3 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Create-A-Potato. 4 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Saison Brett. 5 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Montucky Cold Snack. 6 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Calf. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity