Icelandic Winter Ale from Einstok pours a reddish, dark brown color. Non-transparent, with one finger of khaki colored, foamy head. The aroma is malt forward, but also has some dark fruit, smoke, and spice. Similar nose to some Belgian-style ales. The taste has big malt flavors, but what stands out is the dark fruit like we found in the aroma. Plum, fig, and raisin, paired with light smoked malt flavors. There’s a small amount of winter spice blend of nutmeg, cinnamon, and allspice in the finish. And a touch of brown sugar sweetness. Really excellent pillowy carbonation, with a smooth, warming mouthfeel. This is a fantastic seasonal beer that you should pick up.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 added a rating for Three Philosophers (2013). 23 minutes ago
- lauralane listened to Dogfish Head at OTP. 1 hour ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Palo Santo Marron. 2 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Time Crystals #5. 3 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Think Tank #17. 4 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Zipline Double IPA. 5 hours ago
- CoorsLightning listened to Get Back to Wort!. 5 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Deep Search Baltic Porter. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Champs de Fraises
Davy Brown Ale