Icelandic Winter Ale from Einstok pours a reddish, dark brown color. Non-transparent, with one finger of khaki colored, foamy head. The aroma is malt forward, but also has some dark fruit, smoke, and spice. Similar nose to some Belgian-style ales. The taste has big malt flavors, but what stands out is the dark fruit like we found in the aroma. Plum, fig, and raisin, paired with light smoked malt flavors. There’s a small amount of winter spice blend of nutmeg, cinnamon, and allspice in the finish. And a touch of brown sugar sweetness. Really excellent pillowy carbonation, with a smooth, warming mouthfeel. This is a fantastic seasonal beer that you should pick up.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa added a rating for Druid Pils South. 17 minutes ago
- jbcurtis and 1 other listened to What's My Name Again?. 1 hour ago
- atlantic4400 listened to Cleaning out the Fridge. 2 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Icelandic Lime & Juniper Pils. 3 hours ago
- lposada listened to The Fairly Okay Thanksgiving Podcast. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Rico Sauvin Double IPA. 5 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Celebration Ale (2019). 6 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to On the Boulevard. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Congress Street IPA
Incredible Pedal IPA