Huge Arker Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout
Happy Thanksgiving! Color is dark brown with a dark tan colored head. The head is about 1-finger thick and lasts forever with good lacing. Aroma is strong and boozy with lots of bourbon present. Taste is fantastically smooth. Coffee, chocolate, oak, vanilla, coconut, black currant, and dark bread. But nothing stands out quite like the bourbon. Dark fruit flavors as well, like raspberry and blueberry. Gets sweet as it warms, with brown sugar and molasses in the finish. Mouthfeel is warming, with a texture that is oily and sticky but it isn’t syrupy. Medium body – not viscous or cloying. This imperial stout aged in Wild Turkey barrels just seems like the perfect way to wind down after that Thanksgiving dinner.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Vette432 listened to Midwest Trip Part 2. 3 minutes ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Stone Thunderstruck IPA (19th Anniversary). 1 hour ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Field to Ferment - Citra (2017). 2 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Interurban IPA. 3 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Cherry Chocolate Stout. 4 hours ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Citradamus. 4 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer CA$H MONY . 4 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Fantasy Factory. 4 hours ago
- More Latest Activity