Huge Arker Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout
Happy Thanksgiving! Color is dark brown with a dark tan colored head. The head is about 1-finger thick and lasts forever with good lacing. Aroma is strong and boozy with lots of bourbon present. Taste is fantastically smooth. Coffee, chocolate, oak, vanilla, coconut, black currant, and dark bread. But nothing stands out quite like the bourbon. Dark fruit flavors as well, like raspberry and blueberry. Gets sweet as it warms, with brown sugar and molasses in the finish. Mouthfeel is warming, with a texture that is oily and sticky but it isn’t syrupy. Medium body – not viscous or cloying. This imperial stout aged in Wild Turkey barrels just seems like the perfect way to wind down after that Thanksgiving dinner.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- ghost74 added a rating for Sugar Pine Cocoa-Vanilla Porter. 55 minutes ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Salted Caramel Brownie Brown Ale (New Belgium + Ben & Jerry's). 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep and 1 other added a rating for Canebrake. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Norman. 3 hours ago
- duffy12 listened to Going Vertical with Three Philosophers. 5 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Sanctification. 5 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Aphotic. 6 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Tanilla Porter. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity