Huge Arker Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout
Happy Thanksgiving! Color is dark brown with a dark tan colored head. The head is about 1-finger thick and lasts forever with good lacing. Aroma is strong and boozy with lots of bourbon present. Taste is fantastically smooth. Coffee, chocolate, oak, vanilla, coconut, black currant, and dark bread. But nothing stands out quite like the bourbon. Dark fruit flavors as well, like raspberry and blueberry. Gets sweet as it warms, with brown sugar and molasses in the finish. Mouthfeel is warming, with a texture that is oily and sticky but it isn’t syrupy. Medium body – not viscous or cloying. This imperial stout aged in Wild Turkey barrels just seems like the perfect way to wind down after that Thanksgiving dinner.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- ghost74 added a rating for Red Flag Amber. 1 hour ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Epic Barley Wine . 2 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Every Day, Once a Day, Give Yourself an IPA. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Crosby Hop Farm Sterling Wet Hop Pilsner. 4 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Machine House Golden Ale. 5 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Alaskan Summer Ale. 5 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for San Diego Pale Ale .394. 6 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Double Nut Brown Porter. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity