The 2nd Edition of Ground Control is pretty special, which is why we finally opened it up for our 100th Episode podcast. The color is very dark brown, almost black, with two fingers of tan colored, foamy head. It smells amazing, like molasses, oatmeal, and chocolate. Flavors of nuts, roasted malt, milk chocolate, coffee, oats, and earthy hops. The hazelnut is not super prominent, but you always know it’s there. Mild sweetness, especially for 10% ABV. Smooth, creamy, and drinkable, with no booziness at all. This beer is incredibly balanced and complex, and it’s as good, if not better than the 1st edition. We've been cellaring this Bourbon-Barrel Aged beer since 2016, and the extra time in the bottle has certainly paid off.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane added a rating for Celebration Ale (2019). 42 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 listened to On the Boulevard. 1 hour ago
- budman1 added a rating for Cuvee-Brut. 2 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to No Pumpkins Here. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to Will You Beer My Valentine?. 5 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Big Wave Golden Ale. 5 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Tribute Double IPA. 6 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Homo Erectus. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Congress Street IPA
Incredible Pedal IPA