The 2nd Edition of Ground Control is pretty special, which is why we finally opened it up for our 100th Episode podcast. The color is very dark brown, almost black, with two fingers of tan colored, foamy head. It smells amazing, like molasses, oatmeal, and chocolate. Flavors of nuts, roasted malt, milk chocolate, coffee, oats, and earthy hops. The hazelnut is not super prominent, but you always know it’s there. Mild sweetness, especially for 10% ABV. Smooth, creamy, and drinkable, with no booziness at all. This beer is incredibly balanced and complex, and it’s as good, if not better than the 1st edition. We've been cellaring this Bourbon-Barrel Aged beer since 2016, and the extra time in the bottle has certainly paid off.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Super Funkadelic. 7 minutes ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Monkey Knife Fight. 1 hour ago
- outlawninja12 and 1 other listened to The Dark and the Pale. 2 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Galaxy Park. 3 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Category 5 IPA. 4 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Neverending Haze IPA. 5 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for 35 Miles NE. 6 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to Cleaning out the Fridge. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity