The 2nd Edition of Ground Control is pretty special, which is why we finally opened it up for our 100th Episode podcast. The color is very dark brown, almost black, with two fingers of tan colored, foamy head. It smells amazing, like molasses, oatmeal, and chocolate. Flavors of nuts, roasted malt, milk chocolate, coffee, oats, and earthy hops. The hazelnut is not super prominent, but you always know it’s there. Mild sweetness, especially for 10% ABV. Smooth, creamy, and drinkable, with no booziness at all. This beer is incredibly balanced and complex, and it’s as good, if not better than the 1st edition. We've been cellaring this Bourbon-Barrel Aged beer since 2016, and the extra time in the bottle has certainly paid off.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Beer From Here: INW Lager. 16 minutes ago
- Alexa added a rating for Paranoids Pale Ale. 41 minutes ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Atomically. 1 hour ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Spaten Pils. 3 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Beer Geek Breakfast Stout with Coffee. 3 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to Beer Across the U.S.A.. 4 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to Hop o' The Morning. 5 hours ago
- lposada listened to Operation IPA Overload. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity