Dawn of the Red from Ninkasi is what they call an India Red Ale. Red IPAs are growing in popularity although many breweries have different names for it. It pours a deep amber orange color with a thin off-white head. The aroma is of tropical hops with some orange and lemon thrown in for good measure. With most Red IPAs there is a fairly strong malt base, and this is no exception with the caramel and toffee malts immediately noticeable and then blending with tropical hop flavors of orange, mango and pineapple. It finishes crisp with a nice balance of bitter and sweet in the aftertaste and at 7% gives you enough bang for your buck without being overly strong.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Tulsa Twister. 8 minutes ago
- Vette432 and 1 other added a rating for Ponto S.I.P.A. (Sessionable India Pale Ale). 1 hour ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Hayburner. 3 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Azacca IPA. 4 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Hogwaller Scramble. 5 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Gaffel Kolsch. 6 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to OMG Brewery Ommegang!. 7 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Bobble Head Red IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity