Pours a reddish copper with little to no head. The aroma is of young fermented grapes with a little sour funk. The first sip doesn't yield as much sour as the aroma would lead you to believe it has. There are strong hints of robust red wines in the taste that give this beer tremendous depth and complexity. The more sips taken builds the tartness up to a mild sourness that's pleasant but not overpowering. It's oaky and earthy with hints of Cabernet and cherry that's barely distinguishable. It finishes ever so slightly dry. What's notable here is that at 8.4% ABV, it's incredibly smooth and not overly sweet. The combination of light carbonation and tartness make this brew taste like a high quality crafted beer.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- PrinceCharming listened to Cincinnati 'Tis of Thee. 47 minutes ago
- AnnaB listened to San Diego Part 2. 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Biere de Mars. 2 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Chocolate Covered Pretzel Stout. 3 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Slide Rule Chocolate Raspberry Gose. 4 hours ago
- budman1 listened to Going Vertical with Three Philosophers. 5 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to Hoppy Danksgiving!. 6 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Tenured Double IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity