We let this sour age a few extra years, as this is the 2015 version. On the pour, we get a non-transparent, caramel orange, or apricot color. There is a white, bubbly head that fades pretty quickly but leaves some lacing. It smells amazing, with a sour and fruity aroma, with some hints of white wine. The malts are grainy and wheaty, but they are subtle. The fruit flavors held up well, with tastes of cherry, green apple, and white grape. Sour and tart, but super smooth, as the wine barrel flavors are very apparent. Mouthfeel like white wine: crisp and clean. An excellent sour beer from Idaho!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane added a rating for Vanilla Bean Buffalo Sweat. 41 minutes ago
- Vette432 listened to The Whole #9 Yards. 1 hour ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Salted Caramel Brownie Brown Ale (New Belgium Ben & Jerry's). 2 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Tower Station IPA. 3 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Hangar 24 Amarillo Pale Ale. 4 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Tart of Darkness. 5 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Head Full of Dynomite v.5. 7 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to Going Vertical with Three Philosophers. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap