We let this sour age a few extra years, as this is the 2015 version. On the pour, we get a non-transparent, caramel orange, or apricot color. There is a white, bubbly head that fades pretty quickly but leaves some lacing. It smells amazing, with a sour and fruity aroma, with some hints of white wine. The malts are grainy and wheaty, but they are subtle. The fruit flavors held up well, with tastes of cherry, green apple, and white grape. Sour and tart, but super smooth, as the wine barrel flavors are very apparent. Mouthfeel like white wine: crisp and clean. An excellent sour beer from Idaho!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- atlantic4400 added a rating for La Morena. 2 minutes ago
- lposada added a rating for Puesta del Sol. 1 hour ago
- budman1 listened to IPAs East and West. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn listened to Newport Beach and SoCal Beers. 3 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Focal Banger. 3 hours ago
- Evenrude and 1 other added a rating for Love Hazy IPA. 4 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Unity 2018 (West Coast IPA). 5 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Blazing World. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity