Zywiec Porter 1881
Zywiec Porter pours mahogany to black, letting no light in, with a thin tan head. The aroma is malty with a little molasses and a faint undertone of coffee that's nearly indistinguishable. It's a different tasting porter than most, especially when it's cold. At first it seems crisp, with a faint lagery yeast that's mostly masked by roasty malt. If you let it warm, it really opens up into a malty smooth porter with balanced molasses and dark roasty tones that play nicely on your tongue. It sits pretty heavy in your mouth and when warmer, you can get a boozy bite on the finish that's pretty pleasant. At 9.5%, it's nothing to scoff at, but the alcohol is hidden well especially when it's cold. If you're into porters, try this one out for the uniqueness of it, as they've been brewing this one from the same recipe since 1881.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- rolandor6 added a rating for Brownie Double Brown Ale. 31 minutes ago
- AnchorSteamer and 1 other added a rating for Young's Double Chocolate Stout. 1 hour ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Galactica IPA. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Memory Foam. 3 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Invent the Universe. 3 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Füry Kölsch. 3 hours ago
- AnnaB and 1 other listened to Seattle Show. 4 hours ago
- lauralane listened to Arkham's Finest Star Destroyer Umami Rover Truck NxS. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity