The 2016 Three Philosophers pours a dark amber color. The head is reddish tan in color, about one finger thick, with a bubbly texture. It fades fairly quickly into a thin film. Strong aroma that is sweet, like Belgian Candi sugar and dark fruit. Flavor is malty, as you'd expect from a Belgian Quad, with flavors of dark fruit, dark bread, and caramel. Some earthy hoppiness, and a nice amount of oaky, barrel flavors. Smooth and slightly warming, but the 9.7% is well contained. Medium body with a stellar mouthfeel. Three years seems to be a good amount of time to age this beer, as the flavors are still bold, but have also gained more smoothness and complexity.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane added a rating for Vanilla Bean Buffalo Sweat. 10 minutes ago
- Vette432 listened to The Whole #9 Yards. 1 hour ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Salted Caramel Brownie Brown Ale (New Belgium Ben & Jerry's). 2 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Tower Station IPA. 3 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Hangar 24 Amarillo Pale Ale. 4 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Tart of Darkness. 5 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Head Full of Dynomite v.5. 6 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to Going Vertical with Three Philosophers. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap