Xocoveza is a seasonal imperial stout loaded with a multitude of complex flavors. On the pour, it's a very dark color with a pretty thin head. Before you even take a sip, you get huge aromatics including winter spices and pasilla pepper heat. Coffee, chocolate, pasilla pepper, vanilla, nutmeg, clove, and cinnamon - we get all of those in both the aroma and on the taste. But what makes this interesting is that there are lots of distinguishable flavors, yet they all seem to work together and complement each other. Reminiscent of Mexican chocolate and the 8.1% abv is pretty masked and appropriate for the style. Strong, effervescent carbonation and the body isn’t too heavy. This is a complex and robust winter beer, and definitely one of the more unique ones available.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- RichardHarris listened to San Diego Part 1. 30 minutes ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for The Joaquin Dead Mexican Red Ale. 1 hour ago
- Diesel5 listened to Exploring the Vault. 2 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Zipline Double IPA. 3 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for KillaPilz. 4 hours ago
- atlantic4400 listened to Clown Shoes: Philled to the Brim. 5 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Pacific Prost. 6 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for EZPZ Dry Hopped Pilsner. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity