Wookey Jack pours a dark brown/nearly black color with 2 fingers of khaki head, although some pours we've seen no head at all. The Wookey can be quite unpredictable. It emits aromas of toasted bread with hints of honey and macadamia nut. This beer bills itself as a Black Rye IPA, but it borrows plenty of characteristics from the stout and porter styles with flavors of smoked molasses flavors and Worcestershire sauce. What keeps it in the IPA category is the abundance of underlying earthy and citrus hop flavors. You can also find hints of cigar and teriyaki beef jerky giving you a different adventure with every sip. The complexities here are numerous, but simple is the fact that this is an incredibly flavorful beer that doesn't quite get its due for as long as it's been occupying the shelves over the years. If you haven't had a Wookey Jack in a while, see if you can get your hands on it.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 added a rating for Three Philosophers (2013). 1 hour ago
- lauralane listened to Dogfish Head at OTP. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Palo Santo Marron. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Time Crystals #5. 4 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Think Tank #17. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Zipline Double IPA. 6 hours ago
- CoorsLightning listened to Get Back to Wort!. 6 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Deep Search Baltic Porter. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Champs de Fraises
Davy Brown Ale