Rating:What did you think of it? Never Tried It
Podcast: California Golden Beers
Wookey Jack pours a dark brown/nearly black color with 2 fingers of khaki head, although some pours we've seen no head at all. The Wookey can be quite unpredictable. It emits aromas of toasted bread with hints of honey and macadamia nut. This beer bills itself as a Black Rye IPA, but it borrows plenty of characteristics from the stout and porter styles with flavors of smoked molasses flavors and Worcestershire sauce. What keeps it in the IPA category is the abundance of underlying earthy and citrus hop flavors. You can also find hints of cigar and teriyaki beef jerky giving you a different adventure with every sip. The complexities here are numerous, but simple is the fact that this is an incredibly flavorful beer that doesn't quite get its due for as long as it's been occupying the shelves over the years. If you haven't had a Wookey Jack in a while, see if you can get your hands on it.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 listened to Dogfish Head at OTP. 9 minutes ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Smashed Blueberry. 1 hour ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Tunnel Vision. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Summerfest. 3 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Wolf Child Double IPA. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Cascade Sang Royal (2016). 5 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Cellarman's Reserve Wet Hop IPA. 5 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Allagash White. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Summer Beers 2022
Can't Stop Juicin'
For Science 3.5
Leave a Comment: