Wookey Jack pours a dark brown/nearly black color with 2 fingers of khaki head, although some pours we've seen no head at all. The Wookey can be quite unpredictable. It emits aromas of toasted bread with hints of honey and macadamia nut. This beer bills itself as a Black Rye IPA, but it borrows plenty of characteristics from the stout and porter styles with flavors of smoked molasses flavors and Worcestershire sauce. What keeps it in the IPA category is the abundance of underlying earthy and citrus hop flavors. You can also find hints of cigar and teriyaki beef jerky giving you a different adventure with every sip. The complexities here are numerous, but simple is the fact that this is an incredibly flavorful beer that doesn't quite get its due for as long as it's been occupying the shelves over the years. If you haven't had a Wookey Jack in a while, see if you can get your hands on it.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Karl Strauss Mosaic Session Ale. 45 minutes ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Harmony Foretold Cucumber Wheat Ale. 1 hour ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Icelandic Toasted Porter. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for I Love It! California IPA. 3 hours ago
- PrinceCharming listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 4 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Louisiana and Florida Gulf Coast Brews. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Goosed. 6 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Beaver State Brews. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity