Winter Double IPA
Winter Double IPA from Kern River Brewing is a very good double IPA that would be good any time of year. It pours a copper, slightly orange color with a white head and a creamy mouthfeel throughout. The aroma is sweet and smooth with a little of the bready malts coming through. The hops come through on the flavor with tons of piney and floral hops followed by a sweet maltiness and a touch of booze in the aftertaste. There is also a refreshing bitterness in the aftertaste with some grapefruit and lemon flavors. With 'winter' in the title, you might expect more spices, but this tones that down and instead delivers a more classic West Coast Double IPA.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 listened to Winter is Here. 1 hour ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Rye-on-Rye-on-Rye. 2 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Southern Woodpile Foeder Bier. 3 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Dorado. 4 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for 805. 4 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Big Bear Black Stout. 6 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Galaxy Crush. 7 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to Christmas Show 2018. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity