Tusk & Grain Wee Heavy pours a dark, dark brown with a finger of tan head that sticks around and laces nicely. The nose is amazing that starts with a pleasant nuttiness, caramel malts, and biscuit. Although it's brewed with hazelnuts and cacao nibs, we couldn't really pick those up in the flavor. There's a mild nuttiness, but it's got a heavy maltiness with a touch of caramel, oak, bourbon, and vanilla that's really nice. It's somewhat thin for a Wee Heavy, and has moderate carbonation - but what it lacks in mouthfeel it makes up in flavor. It's also dangerous at 11.32% ABV, we wouldn't describe it as boozy. It's wonderfully balanced and does not have that alcohol bite you'd expect.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- ghost74 added a rating for Gordon Biersch Hefeweizen. 16 minutes ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Interurban IPA. 51 minutes ago
- Missy19 listened to Orange County. 2 hours ago
- lauralane listened to Hoppy Danksgiving!. 3 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Fueled by Gravity. 4 hours ago
- atlantic4400 listened to Newport Beach and SoCal Beers. 4 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for 99 Problems But A Peach Ain't One. 5 hours ago
- PrinceCharming listened to San Diego Part 2. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity