Old Guardian pours a dark amber color with a very sweet sugar smell with some brown sugar and molasses notes. As you would expect from a barley wine, it is low carbonation, thick and syrupy, and has a heavy mouthfeel. It has a bready malt flavor with hints of sweet caramel, toffee and a warming sensation as it goes down. There are more hops in the aftertaste than is generally found in this style. This is a beer that serious barley wine fans will enjoy. You could definitely keep this around for a few years and have a different experience.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Auto Shop West Coast Double IPA. 5 minutes ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Dark Island. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer listened to St. Paddy's Day Show. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to Stone, Cold. 3 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Relay IPA. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to Red, White, and Peach. 5 hours ago
- CoorsLightning and 1 other listened to Cold Beer on a Hot Summer Day. 6 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Berry the Hatchet. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity