Old Guardian pours a dark amber color with a very sweet sugar smell with some brown sugar and molasses notes. As you would expect from a barley wine, it is low carbonation, thick and syrupy, and has a heavy mouthfeel. It has a bready malt flavor with hints of sweet caramel, toffee and a warming sensation as it goes down. There are more hops in the aftertaste than is generally found in this style. This is a beer that serious barley wine fans will enjoy. You could definitely keep this around for a few years and have a different experience.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Vette432 added a rating for Tax Holiday (Port Barrel Aged). 36 minutes ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to 99 Podcasts of Beer on the Web, 99 Podcasts of Beer. 1 hour ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Celebration Ale (2019). 2 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Achel 8 Blond. 3 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Betty IPA. 4 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Oskar Blues IPA. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Chau Tien Pale Ale. 6 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Muis (with Galaxy Hops). 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity