We were lucky enough to snag a bottle of Batch 14, bottled in 2013, and aged it in the Beer of the Day Vault for a few years. The resulting barley wine was quite smooth but also managed to maintain a surprising amount of hop bitterness. It pours a walnut color with an apricot glow around the edges. It's quite hazy, allowing only shadows to appear through it. The aroma is complex and nutty with smells of cashew and oak mixing with cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. The flavor is equally as complex with an earthy hoppiness up front with its bitterness balanced by dark fruits of cherry and raisin. As with any barleywine worth it's weight, the booze is there but doesn't provide much of a kick for 10.4%. This will be tough to get your hands on, but be sure to pick it up if you come across it.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane added a rating for Inclined IPA. 11 minutes ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Three Philosophers (2013). 1 hour ago
- lauralane listened to Dogfish Head at OTP. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Palo Santo Marron. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Time Crystals #5. 4 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Think Tank #17. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Zipline Double IPA. 6 hours ago
- CoorsLightning listened to Get Back to Wort!. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Champs de Fraises
Davy Brown Ale