An homage to an old friend, Mogli is special. It pours very dark brown with a good tan head that dissipates rather slowly. The aroma is crazy complex; there's smokiness, some vanilla, some caramel and sweetness. The taste is even moreso. Up front it's all about the chocolate but as you keep sipping and get further committed, there's much more beautiful subtlety going on. There's vanilla, malt, molasses, smoked nuts, oak and caramelized sugar, and probably even more flavors one could derive from the finish after that. It sounds like a lot going on, but these flavors play nicely together to make a really enjoyable imperial porter. The alcohol isn't overly noticeable due to the complexity, and there's a balanced sweetness and smokiness that takes center stage.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse Dunkel. 1 hour ago
- DadMike added a rating for Brown Angel. 1 hour ago
- beavwarius and 1 other commented on beer Coors Light. 1 hour ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Purple Haze. 1 hour ago
- IPAman added a rating for Citra High. 2 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Log Yard IPA. 4 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to Operation IPA Overload. 5 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Harmony Foretold Cucumber Wheat Ale. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity