Brewery:Stone Brewing Co.
Links:Stone Brewing Co. Website
Rating:What did you think of it? Never Tried It
Podcast: Take Me Down to Cigar City
It's Leap Day, and being an extra day, we'll take a look at an "extra" beer. Stone Xocoveza Extra Anejo is surprisingly different than its holiday-themed little brother. Where the regular Xocoveza is extremely chocolately on both the aroma and the flavor, the Extra Anejo is more reserved. The barrel aging has smoothed out this beer to the point where the name is the most common attribute between the two. And this is not a bad thing. The regular Xocoveza was outstanding, bold and flavorful, but one was plenty. Extra Anejo is easy drinking and smooth with very little alcoholic kick for being 8.5%. The taste consists of roasted chocolate malts with coffee being the predominant flavor and only hints of red wine and tequila derived from the barrels. This is a hard one to locate, but pick it up if you can.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Irishnc added a rating for Aprium Dream. 36 minutes ago
- Alexa listened to Orange County. 1 hour ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Elevated Perspective (Version 2). 2 hours ago
- SweeneyWorldWide and 1 other commented on beer Hopitoulas IPA. 3 hours ago
- SweeneyWorldWide updated their profile photo. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Mai Tai PA. 3 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Hidden Grotto. 4 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Pumpkin Spice Donut. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Summer Beers 2022
Birra Nursia Bionda
Leave a Comment: