Old Guardian pours a dark amber color with a very sweet sugar smell with some brown sugar and molasses notes. As you would expect from a barley wine, it is low carbonation, thick and syrupy, and has a heavy mouthfeel. It has a bready malt flavor with hints of sweet caramel, toffee and a warming sensation as it goes down. There are more hops in the aftertaste than is generally found in this style. This is a beer that serious barley wine fans will enjoy. You could definitely keep this around for a few years and have a different experience.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- ghost74 added a rating for Barrel Project: Mango Sour Ale. 59 minutes ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Karate Chimp. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming listened to Summer Beers 2022. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Hexagenia IPA. 3 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for To The Trees. 4 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to Fall Back Grab Bag. 5 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 7 hours ago
- Irishnc listened to Cleaning out the Fridge. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity