Stone 25th is a golden orange color, maybe slightly darker than the original Stone IPA, but not much. It's quite clear, but Triple IPAs are always a little more viscous than their single IPA counterparts. The dominant aroma is pine, although some citrus hops may also be creeping through on the nose. The flavor is a three-course meal starting with the substantial pumpernickel bready malt base, a bouquet of hops including pine, floral, citrus and a little tropical sweetness, and a finish which is both bitter and sweet. At 12.5%, the booze cannot be ignored, this is a serious IPA and seriously strong. But for the 25th Anniversary of the brewery that defined the modern IPA, a Triple IPA that pushes the envelope in so many facets is about as perfect a tribute as you can get.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Pterodactyl. 46 minutes ago
- budman1 added a rating for More Dark Lager. 1 hour ago
- Alexa listened to L.A. Beers. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Sasquatchito XPA. 3 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for American Cheat Codes. 4 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Lustro. 5 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Can't Stop Juicin'. 6 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Lush Double IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity