Stone 25th is a golden orange color, maybe slightly darker than the original Stone IPA, but not much. It's quite clear, but Triple IPAs are always a little more viscous than their single IPA counterparts. The dominant aroma is pine, although some citrus hops may also be creeping through on the nose. The flavor is a three-course meal starting with the substantial pumpernickel bready malt base, a bouquet of hops including pine, floral, citrus and a little tropical sweetness, and a finish which is both bitter and sweet. At 12.5%, the booze cannot be ignored, this is a serious IPA and seriously strong. But for the 25th Anniversary of the brewery that defined the modern IPA, a Triple IPA that pushes the envelope in so many facets is about as perfect a tribute as you can get.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 added a rating for Silver Lake Saison. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Shower Beer (Champion Brewing Company). 1 hour ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Saint Archer Blonde Ale. 2 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to New Glory Days. 3 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Batch 15 IPA. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Champs de Fraises. 5 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Brandy Barrel-Aged Imperial Pumpkin Ale. 6 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Corona Premier. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity