Stone 25th is a golden orange color, maybe slightly darker than the original Stone IPA, but not much. It's quite clear, but Triple IPAs are always a little more viscous than their single IPA counterparts. The dominant aroma is pine, although some citrus hops may also be creeping through on the nose. The flavor is a three-course meal starting with the substantial pumpernickel bready malt base, a bouquet of hops including pine, floral, citrus and a little tropical sweetness, and a finish which is both bitter and sweet. At 12.5%, the booze cannot be ignored, this is a serious IPA and seriously strong. But for the 25th Anniversary of the brewery that defined the modern IPA, a Triple IPA that pushes the envelope in so many facets is about as perfect a tribute as you can get.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Rio Blanco Pale Ale. 54 minutes ago
- plarson added a rating for Kirin Ichiban. 2 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Beer Camp Across America - Family Values. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to New England Part 1: The Maine Event. 4 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Rise Up. 5 hours ago
- duffy12 listened to 1st Anniversary Show. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to Oktcovidtest 2021. 7 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Bitter Valentine. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity