Rio Lento, or "Slow River," pours a slightly hazy, golden straw color. A shade oranger and darker than most lagers. White, bubbly head that thins quickly. Aroma is strong, with malt and freshly squeezed limes. The taste is impressive. It’s definitely a Mexican-style lager, with a malt forward taste but one that is not at all sweet and the ABV is higher than you normally see. And the lime juice is the star of the show. Fresh, citrusy, and just barely tart. It’s not pulpy, but you almost get that same texture like when you bite into a lime wedge. Mouthfeel is very refreshing, with the sea salt showing up in the finish. Tastes like you’re sitting on a beach in Mexico, and this is a beer that we really enjoyed.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 listened to Summertime Brews. 35 minutes ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Lizard's Mouth Imperial IPA. 1 hour ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Hop Sounds. 2 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Glorious Pale Ale. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to New Years Blast from the Past. 3 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Flying Fish XPA. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Uppercut IPA. 6 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Shepplekofeggan. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity