Rio Lento, or "Slow River," pours a slightly hazy, golden straw color. A shade oranger and darker than most lagers. White, bubbly head that thins quickly. Aroma is strong, with malt and freshly squeezed limes. The taste is impressive. It’s definitely a Mexican-style lager, with a malt forward taste but one that is not at all sweet and the ABV is higher than you normally see. And the lime juice is the star of the show. Fresh, citrusy, and just barely tart. It’s not pulpy, but you almost get that same texture like when you bite into a lime wedge. Mouthfeel is very refreshing, with the sea salt showing up in the finish. Tastes like you’re sitting on a beach in Mexico, and this is a beer that we really enjoyed.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- atlantic4400 listened to California Golden Beers. 1 hour ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Tropical Mist. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Double Doors. 3 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Adelbert's Blueberry Sour. 4 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for 8 Second Kolsch. 4 hours ago
- outlawninja12 listened to Pumpkin Show 2017. 6 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Temptation. 6 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for 805. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity