Rio Lento, or "Slow River," pours a slightly hazy, golden straw color. A shade oranger and darker than most lagers. White, bubbly head that thins quickly. Aroma is strong, with malt and freshly squeezed limes. The taste is impressive. It’s definitely a Mexican-style lager, with a malt forward taste but one that is not at all sweet and the ABV is higher than you normally see. And the lime juice is the star of the show. Fresh, citrusy, and just barely tart. It’s not pulpy, but you almost get that same texture like when you bite into a lime wedge. Mouthfeel is very refreshing, with the sea salt showing up in the finish. Tastes like you’re sitting on a beach in Mexico, and this is a beer that we really enjoyed.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- rolandor6 listened to Oktcovidtest 2020. 21 minutes ago
- budman1 added a rating for Pomona Queen. 1 hour ago
- rolandor6 listened to Stouting Match. 2 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Feminist. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for General Sherman IPA. 4 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Oberon Ale. 5 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Stochasticity Project: Master of Disguise. 6 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to L.A. Beers. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity