Blood of the Unicorn pours a dark reddish amber color with a good finger of off-white, foamy head. Big, malty aroma – this smells exactly how it looks. Likewise, the taste has flavors of dark bread, especially rye and pumpernickel. The bready flavors are complemented by a brown sugar sweetness. But it’s not a sweet beer – this is really malt-forward, until the hops take over. There’s a fantastic balance as the hops slide in and transform this beer with a refreshing bitterness. Earthy, woody, resinous hop flavors. Mouthfeel is crisp with a medium body. Nicely done, Pipeworks!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Wookey Jack. 24 minutes ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Blueberry Velvet. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Firestone Pivo Hoppy Pils. 2 hours ago
- Stevezubar added a rating for Spencer Trappist Ale. 2 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Icelandic White Ale. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Lily Ale. 4 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to Dogfish Head at OTP. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Big Bad Baptist Imperial Stout California Edition. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity