Blood of the Unicorn pours a dark reddish amber color with a good finger of off-white, foamy head. Big, malty aroma – this smells exactly how it looks. Likewise, the taste has flavors of dark bread, especially rye and pumpernickel. The bready flavors are complemented by a brown sugar sweetness. But it’s not a sweet beer – this is really malt-forward, until the hops take over. There’s a fantastic balance as the hops slide in and transform this beer with a refreshing bitterness. Earthy, woody, resinous hop flavors. Mouthfeel is crisp with a medium body. Nicely done, Pipeworks!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Peche Mortel. 12 minutes ago
- RichardHarris listened to Brews and Blues in St. Louis. 1 hour ago
- AnkleDeep listened to A Little Bit of Everything. 2 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Really Old Brown Dog Ale (2012). 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Red, White, and Peach. 4 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Milk Stout Nitro. 5 hours ago
- AnkleDeep and 1 other added a rating for Revision IPA. 6 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Juicebox Series - Peach Berliner Weisse. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity