Blood of the Unicorn pours a dark reddish amber color with a good finger of off-white, foamy head. Big, malty aroma – this smells exactly how it looks. Likewise, the taste has flavors of dark bread, especially rye and pumpernickel. The bready flavors are complemented by a brown sugar sweetness. But it’s not a sweet beer – this is really malt-forward, until the hops take over. There’s a fantastic balance as the hops slide in and transform this beer with a refreshing bitterness. Earthy, woody, resinous hop flavors. Mouthfeel is crisp with a medium body. Nicely done, Pipeworks!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 added a rating for Cuvee-Brut. 1 hour ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to No Pumpkins Here. 2 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to Will You Beer My Valentine?. 3 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Big Wave Golden Ale. 4 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Tribute Double IPA. 5 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Homo Erectus. 5 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Tovarish. 7 hours ago
- DadMike and 1 other added a rating for Just One Thing...El Dorado. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Congress Street IPA
Incredible Pedal IPA