Color is very dark brown with ½ finger of brown, soapy head. It thins to a nice film, and leaves some oily lacing on the glass. Big, bold aroma of dark malt, chocolate and coffee. With the taste, we get chocolate, coffee, chicory, and vanilla. Subtle oak and whiskey flavors from the barrel-aging. Mild sweetness, with some brown sugar and molasses. The 75 IBUs is surprising, as we get a good amount of hop flavors but there’s no obvious bitterness in this beer. Medium body, not thick or heavy, with a slick mouthfeel. Finish is so smooth, we would have never guessed 13.5% ABV. Barrel aged stouts are perfect this time of year and this one is quite nice.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Monkey Knife Fight. 22 minutes ago
- outlawninja12 and 1 other listened to The Dark and the Pale. 1 hour ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Galaxy Park. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Category 5 IPA. 3 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Neverending Haze IPA. 4 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for 35 Miles NE. 4 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to Cleaning out the Fridge. 6 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Space Needle Golden IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity