Color is deep gold, non-transparent, with a finger of white, frothy head and beautiful lacing on the glass. Brettanomyces in the nose and a distinct Belgian-style aroma of fruit and oak. Initial taste is yeasty - both Belgian yeast and the Brett. But the Brett is balanced and doesn't overpower everything else like some beers of this style. Cracker-like malts give way to huge amount of hops. Citrus, white pepper, and floral or grassy flavors with a medium hop bitterness. Lots of oak flavors from both the foudre and the chardonnay barrels. Mouthfeel is tingly dry with above average carbonation, and just a hint of tartness. Complex and enjoyable to drink, this is a superb representation in the Belgian-style Double IPA world.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Zywiec Porter 1881. 4 minutes ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Enjoy By 04.20.21 Hazy IPA. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB listened to Oktoberfestivus. 1 hour ago
- ghost74 listened to Cold Beer on a Hot Summer Day. 2 hours ago
- ghost74 listened to Get Your Kicks 66. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Bell Cow Milk Chocolate Porter. 4 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Dragging Anchors. 5 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for La Morena. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity