Oatmeal Stout with Mulish Coffee
A collaboration between Jackrabbit Brewery and Temple Coffee Roasters, the oatmeal stout with Mulish coffee pours a mahagony brown with an off white head. Aroma is very subtle, smelling like light oats and light malts. The taste is not subtle. Its backbone is undoubtedly roasted malts, and it's obviously an oatmeal stout. The oatmeal comes through clearly with a hint of cocoa nib, then dark roasted malts melt away to a subtle and delicious roasty coffee that doesn't overpower. The flavors are simple, yet beautifully balanced. Adding to the enjoyment is it's not heavy but more medium bodied with subdued carbonation that you don't notice being too high for too low. This is one of the best coffee stouts we've ever had.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CityofAngels9 listened to Oktoberfest 2019. 23 minutes ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Brickstone Brewery American Pale Ale. 1 hour ago
- lposada added a rating for Ellie's Brown Ale. 2 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Bourbon County Brand Wheatwine (2018). 3 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Half Hitch. 4 hours ago
- atlantic4400 listened to Operation IPA Overload. 5 hours ago
- snfan13 and 1 other added a rating for Velocity of Light. 6 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Mirror Universe. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity