Oatmeal Stout with Mulish Coffee
A collaboration between Jackrabbit Brewery and Temple Coffee Roasters, the oatmeal stout with Mulish coffee pours a mahagony brown with an off white head. Aroma is very subtle, smelling like light oats and light malts. The taste is not subtle. Its backbone is undoubtedly roasted malts, and it's obviously an oatmeal stout. The oatmeal comes through clearly with a hint of cocoa nib, then dark roasted malts melt away to a subtle and delicious roasty coffee that doesn't overpower. The flavors are simple, yet beautifully balanced. Adding to the enjoyment is it's not heavy but more medium bodied with subdued carbonation that you don't notice being too high for too low. This is one of the best coffee stouts we've ever had.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 added a rating for Saison de Lis. 2 minutes ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Union Jack. 39 minutes ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Last Chance IPA. 1 hour ago
- budman1 added a rating for Benchmark Brewing Co. IPA. 3 hours ago
- AnkleDeep and 1 other listened to California Grab Bag. 4 hours ago
- budman1 listened to Pumpkin Show 2018. 4 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Pyramid Curve Ball. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 listened to Hoppy Danksgiving!. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity