Legend of Ullr is a kettle-soured Porter that pours dark brown with an enormous khaki colored, bubbly head. There's a ton of sediment that circulates for several minutes in the glass before settling at the bottom. Aroma that has elements of both a brown ale and a sour ale. Taste follows the nose with a light sour flavor, couple with traditional porter flavors. Malt forward with caramel and brown sugar sweetness. Vanilla shows up late, especially as the beer warms. There's a bit of fruit, perhaps the peach and pear as noted on the bottle, but we'd also say dark fruit like cherry or blackberry. Light to medium body with a crisp, refreshing finish. Overall this is a super interesting beer and something we'd love to try again!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 listened to Fall Back Grab Bag. 42 minutes ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Blak Bavarian Style Black Lager. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer added a rating for The Next Episode. 2 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Hangar 24 Chocolate Porter. 3 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Nitro Merlin Milk Stout. 4 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Double Nut Brown Porter. 5 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Liquid Truth Serum. 7 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for PDX Carpet IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap