Appearance is beautiful with a very clear, medium amber, almost red color with a thick, foamy, off-white head. Aroma is intense, with the juniper berries and sage creating a big introduction. On the taste, the hops are earthy and piney, a bit medicinal but that must be the juniper berries and sage. Plenty of malts, with caramel and dark chocolate flavors creating some mild sweetness. Mouthfeel is astringent and warming, with average to above average carbonation. The juniper berries and sage really dominate though, creating some strong flavors that you normally don't find in this style. But the taste is superb, and if you're looking for something unique in the IPA world, give this one a try.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 added a rating for Black Rajah. 1 hour ago
- RichardHarris listened to Orange County. 1 hour ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to All About the Stout. 3 hours ago
- lauralane listened to Pacific Northwest. 4 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Santilli. 5 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Safety Porpoises. 6 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Cougar. 7 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Trejo's Cerveza. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity