Identity Crisis pours a dark brown color, but not completely opaque as it lets some maple colored highlights peek through. It has two fingers of thick tan head and a classic porter aroma of dark roasted malts, coffee and toffee. The beer features some very intense flavors considering it isn't overly high in alcohol content. Toasted malts and chocolate are the most prevalent flavors, but there is more. This is where the "identity crisis" comes in. This beer is 61 IBUs featuring a wide variety of hops, so much so that the ingredients list reads like an IPA. This is evident in the flavor as well as the beer certainly has more hop flavors than your average porter. And while the flavor is impressive, so is the presentation of the can, with its competing black and white, upside-down and right-side-up color scheme.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jbcurtis and 1 other listened to What's My Name Again?. 26 minutes ago
- atlantic4400 listened to Cleaning out the Fridge. 1 hour ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Icelandic Lime & Juniper Pils. 2 hours ago
- lposada listened to The Fairly Okay Thanksgiving Podcast. 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Rico Sauvin Double IPA. 4 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Celebration Ale (2019). 5 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to On the Boulevard. 6 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Cuvee-Brut. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Congress Street IPA
Incredible Pedal IPA