Identity Crisis pours a dark brown color, but not completely opaque as it lets some maple colored highlights peek through. It has two fingers of thick tan head and a classic porter aroma of dark roasted malts, coffee and toffee. The beer features some very intense flavors considering it isn't overly high in alcohol content. Toasted malts and chocolate are the most prevalent flavors, but there is more. This is where the "identity crisis" comes in. This beer is 61 IBUs featuring a wide variety of hops, so much so that the ingredients list reads like an IPA. This is evident in the flavor as well as the beer certainly has more hop flavors than your average porter. And while the flavor is impressive, so is the presentation of the can, with its competing black and white, upside-down and right-side-up color scheme.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 listened to Hoppy Danksgiving!. 37 minutes ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Wookey Jack. 1 hour ago
- Alexa listened to San Diego Part 2. 2 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Lost Lake IPA. 3 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Citraholic. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Westmalle Dubbel Trappist Ale. 5 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Did We Just Become Best Friends. 6 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Electric Reindeer. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity