Identity Crisis pours a dark brown color, but not completely opaque as it lets some maple colored highlights peek through. It has two fingers of thick tan head and a classic porter aroma of dark roasted malts, coffee and toffee. The beer features some very intense flavors considering it isn't overly high in alcohol content. Toasted malts and chocolate are the most prevalent flavors, but there is more. This is where the "identity crisis" comes in. This beer is 61 IBUs featuring a wide variety of hops, so much so that the ingredients list reads like an IPA. This is evident in the flavor as well as the beer certainly has more hop flavors than your average porter. And while the flavor is impressive, so is the presentation of the can, with its competing black and white, upside-down and right-side-up color scheme.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Peche Mortel. 43 minutes ago
- RichardHarris listened to Brews and Blues in St. Louis. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to A Little Bit of Everything. 2 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Really Old Brown Dog Ale (2012). 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Red, White, and Peach. 4 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Milk Stout Nitro. 5 hours ago
- AnkleDeep and 1 other added a rating for Revision IPA. 6 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Juicebox Series - Peach Berliner Weisse. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity