Hoss from Great Divide pours a crystal clear, light copper color with a thin, wispy head. Flavor has some fruit at first, but then you get the toasty, grain flavors of this style. It's a Marzen, but it's unique in that rye is added to the brewing process. There's some caramel malt sweetness, but this is held in check by the earthy, spiciness of the rye. Medium body and carbonation with a clean, crisp finish. Overall this is a solid Oktoberfest beer with a complexity from the rye that we really enjoy.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Juice Above the Clouds. 3 minutes ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Devil Dancer. 55 minutes ago
- DadMike and 1 other added a rating for Lights On. 1 hour ago
- AnkleDeep and 1 other added a rating for Game of Thrones: Valar Dohaeris. 1 hour ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Red Flag Amber. 2 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Panic IPA. 3 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Bitter Valentine. 4 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Heady Topper. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity