Hoss from Great Divide pours a crystal clear, light copper color with a thin, wispy head. Flavor has some fruit at first, but then you get the toasty, grain flavors of this style. It's a Marzen, but it's unique in that rye is added to the brewing process. There's some caramel malt sweetness, but this is held in check by the earthy, spiciness of the rye. Medium body and carbonation with a clean, crisp finish. Overall this is a solid Oktoberfest beer with a complexity from the rye that we really enjoy.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Missy19 added a rating for Achel 8 Blond. 21 minutes ago
- IPAman added a rating for Cast Out IPA. 1 hour ago
- plarson added a rating for Steal This Can. 2 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Unpresidential IPA. 3 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Spaten Pils. 4 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Raspberry AF. 5 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to Hop o' The Morning. 6 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Trejo's Cerveza. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity