Hoss from Great Divide pours a crystal clear, light copper color with a thin, wispy head. Flavor has some fruit at first, but then you get the toasty, grain flavors of this style. It's a Marzen, but it's unique in that rye is added to the brewing process. There's some caramel malt sweetness, but this is held in check by the earthy, spiciness of the rye. Medium body and carbonation with a clean, crisp finish. Overall this is a solid Oktoberfest beer with a complexity from the rye that we really enjoy.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- silversurfer added a rating for Hoppiness Is A Warm Pun. 23 minutes ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Yuengling Lager. 58 minutes ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for La Terrible. 2 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Pumpkin Down. 2 hours ago
- Alexa and 1 other listened to Happy New Beer!. 4 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Not Your Father's Root Beer 5.9%. 5 hours ago
- lposada listened to What's My Name Again?. 6 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to LA LA Land. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity