Hoss from Great Divide pours a crystal clear, light copper color with a thin, wispy head. Flavor has some fruit at first, but then you get the toasty, grain flavors of this style. It's a Marzen, but it's unique in that rye is added to the brewing process. There's some caramel malt sweetness, but this is held in check by the earthy, spiciness of the rye. Medium body and carbonation with a clean, crisp finish. Overall this is a solid Oktoberfest beer with a complexity from the rye that we really enjoy.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 listened to L.A.I.P.As. 15 minutes ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Capitulation. 1 hour ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Maduro. 2 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Solis Occasus. 3 hours ago
- CoorsLightning listened to Easter Bunny Beer. 4 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Triple Berry Shake. 5 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Pumpkin Spice Milk Stout. 6 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest (2019). 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity