Hoss from Great Divide pours a crystal clear, light copper color with a thin, wispy head. Flavor has some fruit at first, but then you get the toasty, grain flavors of this style. It's a Marzen, but it's unique in that rye is added to the brewing process. There's some caramel malt sweetness, but this is held in check by the earthy, spiciness of the rye. Medium body and carbonation with a clean, crisp finish. Overall this is a solid Oktoberfest beer with a complexity from the rye that we really enjoy.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Elderberry Sour. 1 hour ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Bretta Rose No. 004. 1 hour ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Sugaree Maple Bourbon Pecan Pie. 2 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Rhythm in the Lands. 3 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Murk Man IPA. 4 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to Clown Shoes: Philled to the Brim. 5 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Never Mind the Beer Here's the Milkshake. 6 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Wailua Wheat. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity