Hoss from Great Divide pours a crystal clear, light copper color with a thin, wispy head. Flavor has some fruit at first, but then you get the toasty, grain flavors of this style. It's a Marzen, but it's unique in that rye is added to the brewing process. There's some caramel malt sweetness, but this is held in check by the earthy, spiciness of the rye. Medium body and carbonation with a clean, crisp finish. Overall this is a solid Oktoberfest beer with a complexity from the rye that we really enjoy.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jbcurtis added a rating for Oude Geuze. Less than a minute ago.
- lauralane listened to California Grab Bag. 35 minutes ago
- Alexa added a rating for Mogli. 1 hour ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Dubbel Czech. 2 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for The Experiment - Batch #1. 3 hours ago
- PrinceCharming listened to Operation IPA Overload. 4 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Billie Cantaloupe Gose. 5 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Newcastle. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity