The Samuel Adams Octoberfest beer pours a reddish, medium to dark amber color that is very clear with one half finger of khaki colored head. Aroma has dark caramel and roasted malt. Taste is hearty with lots of marzen flavors, including a sweet bread malt base with brown sugar sweetness on the aftertaste. The mouthfeel is slightly syrupy, with medium carbonation. Feels more like a late fall or winter beer, with the signature Sam Adams malt backbone. Overall this is a solid beer, and one that we can picture ourselves enjoying in a pub on a cool autumn or winter evening.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 listened to Summertime Brews. 50 minutes ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Lizard's Mouth Imperial IPA. 1 hour ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Hop Sounds. 2 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Glorious Pale Ale. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to New Years Blast from the Past. 4 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Flying Fish XPA. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Uppercut IPA. 6 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Shepplekofeggan. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity