The Samuel Adams Octoberfest beer pours a reddish, medium to dark amber color that is very clear with one half finger of khaki colored head. Aroma has dark caramel and roasted malt. Taste is hearty with lots of marzen flavors, including a sweet bread malt base with brown sugar sweetness on the aftertaste. The mouthfeel is slightly syrupy, with medium carbonation. Feels more like a late fall or winter beer, with the signature Sam Adams malt backbone. Overall this is a solid beer, and one that we can picture ourselves enjoying in a pub on a cool autumn or winter evening.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- ghost74 added a rating for Schlafly Oatmeal Stout. 35 minutes ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to Stone, Cold. 1 hour ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Copperhead Pale Ale. 2 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Sam Adams Boston Lager. 3 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Landline. 4 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Hidden Grotto. 5 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Oak Aged Highland Ale. 6 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Juice Press. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity