The youngest beer from our recent Three Philosophers vertical tasting is the 2015 version. It pours a light brown, dark amber color with reddish highlights. Head is about one finger thick, frothy, and khaki in color. The head recedes quickly but leaves nice lacing on the glass. Very aromatic with dark fruit, malt, and Belgian yeast. Taste is much like it smells, with some sweet Belgian breadiness up front, and then a surprisingly high amount of cherry flavor in the aftertaste. But it's not too sweet and remarkably well balanced. Medium body with a creamy, warming mouthfeel. 9.7% ABV and smooth without any booziness. This is high quality and it's easy to see why Brewery Ommegang has been making this for so many years.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 and 1 other listened to Seattle Show. 11 minutes ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Doogie Bowser. 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale. 2 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Black Rajah. 3 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Velvet Glow. 4 hours ago
- plarson listened to Rocky Mountain Beer. 5 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Barrio Rojo. 6 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Electric Lettuce. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity