The youngest beer from our recent Three Philosophers vertical tasting is the 2015 version. It pours a light brown, dark amber color with reddish highlights. Head is about one finger thick, frothy, and khaki in color. The head recedes quickly but leaves nice lacing on the glass. Very aromatic with dark fruit, malt, and Belgian yeast. Taste is much like it smells, with some sweet Belgian breadiness up front, and then a surprisingly high amount of cherry flavor in the aftertaste. But it's not too sweet and remarkably well balanced. Medium body with a creamy, warming mouthfeel. 9.7% ABV and smooth without any booziness. This is high quality and it's easy to see why Brewery Ommegang has been making this for so many years.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jbcurtis added a rating for Vanilla Oatis. 53 minutes ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Elevation Double IPA. 2 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to Kansas City and Beyond. 3 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for 805. 3 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Winter Double IPA. 4 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Double Nut Brown Porter. 5 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Boone County Brown. 6 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for LHazy River. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity