The youngest beer from our recent Three Philosophers vertical tasting is the 2015 version. It pours a light brown, dark amber color with reddish highlights. Head is about one finger thick, frothy, and khaki in color. The head recedes quickly but leaves nice lacing on the glass. Very aromatic with dark fruit, malt, and Belgian yeast. Taste is much like it smells, with some sweet Belgian breadiness up front, and then a surprisingly high amount of cherry flavor in the aftertaste. But it's not too sweet and remarkably well balanced. Medium body with a creamy, warming mouthfeel. 9.7% ABV and smooth without any booziness. This is high quality and it's easy to see why Brewery Ommegang has been making this for so many years.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa added a rating for Mogli. 36 minutes ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Dubbel Czech. 1 hour ago
- Irishnc added a rating for The Experiment - Batch #1. 2 hours ago
- PrinceCharming listened to Operation IPA Overload. 3 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Billie Cantaloupe Gose. 4 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Newcastle. 5 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for 559 RFA (Raisin Farmer Ale). 7 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Even More Jesus. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity