Drunken Master pours a slightly cloudy, golden copper color. It has a thin, wispy head but with strong lacing the beer really sticks to the side of the glass. The aroma is strong with tons of resinous piny hops and tea leaf quality as well. This is a combination malt and hop bomb, but as is common with Melvin beers, the alcohol is high but surprising hidden. The malts are bready, bold, and very sweet, but the strong tropical and pine hops pair so well with the malts that neither come off as overwhelming. This delicate balance allows for an incredibly smooth and drinkable DIPA at 9.0%. A Drunken Master indeed.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 added a rating for Logsdon Lager. 2 minutes ago
- lposada added a rating for Lupulin River. 1 hour ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Calm Before the Storm. 2 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Grand Teton Brewing Sour Brown. 3 hours ago
- duffy12 and 1 other added a rating for Pyramid Curve Ball. 3 hours ago
- PrinceCharming and 1 other added a rating for Death From Above. 4 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Pumpkin Harvest Ale. 6 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Mosaic Promise. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity