Drunken Master pours a slightly cloudy, golden copper color. It has a thin, wispy head but with strong lacing the beer really sticks to the side of the glass. The aroma is strong with tons of resinous piny hops and tea leaf quality as well. This is a combination malt and hop bomb, but as is common with Melvin beers, the alcohol is high but surprising hidden. The malts are bready, bold, and very sweet, but the strong tropical and pine hops pair so well with the malts that neither come off as overwhelming. This delicate balance allows for an incredibly smooth and drinkable DIPA at 9.0%. A Drunken Master indeed.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 added a rating for Fields of Green: Crosby Comet. 18 minutes ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Universal Secret. 1 hour ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to Get Your Kicks 66. 2 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Wolf Mother Triple IPA. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to San Diego Part 1. 4 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for 805 Cerveza. 5 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Oberon Ale. 6 hours ago
- lposada listened to Newport Beach and SoCal Beers. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity