Color is reddish amber, non-transparent, with two fingers of white, bubbly head. It fades just a bit, then lingers for some time with a lot of lacing on the glass. Amazing aroma of strawberries and wood barrels. Definitely some funk going on here and a high amount of tartness with the first sip. Strong and sharp, with plenty of those barnyard, wet horse blanket notes. You can clearly detect the woody, barrel-aging flavors. Then we get the strawberries which are more tart than sweet, and nicely complement the yeast and an underlying maltiness. Mouthfeel is crisp and dry, with lively carbonation. Only 5.3% ABV, but this packs a ton of flavor and complexity.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lposada added a rating for Oberon Ale. 1 hour ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Stochasticity Project: Master of Disguise. 1 hour ago
- Missy19 listened to L.A. Beers. 3 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Oktober Fuel. 3 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Afterglow. 4 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Lily Ale. 5 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Hopster Pot. 6 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Trade Bait. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity