Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout couldn't be more enjoyable. It pours a dark brown to black with a monstrous tan head that fades quickly. It smells bready and malty, with a significant dry oat aroma. It's got a lot of carbonation that seems to open it up and lend some hop bitterness to an otherwise creamy, oaty and malty stout. It's reserved in its caramel sweetness but there's enough there to balance out the grainy roasted malt and slight bitter cocoa finish. The oatmeal really smooths it out and mellows it, making it a wonderfully drinkable and almost crisp stout for any time of year.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- rolandor6 listened to On the Boulevard. 16 minutes ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for IPA 395. 46 minutes ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Le Jus. 1 hour ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Bohemian Hopsody. 3 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Sierra Nevada / Boulevard Terra Incognita. 3 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Station 101. 4 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for God Complex Double IPA. 5 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Alaskan Winter Ale. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity