Happy Thanksgiving! Color is dark brown with a dark tan colored head. The head is about 1-finger thick and lasts forever with good lacing. Aroma is strong and boozy with lots of bourbon present. Taste is fantastically smooth. Coffee, chocolate, oak, vanilla, coconut, black currant, and dark bread. But nothing stands out quite like the bourbon. Dark fruit flavors as well, like raspberry and blueberry. Gets sweet as it warms, with brown sugar and molasses in the finish. Mouthfeel is warming, with a texture that is oily and sticky but it isn't syrupy. Medium body - not viscous or cloying. This imperial stout aged in Wild Turkey barrels just seems like the perfect way to wind down after that Thanksgiving dinner.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Vette432 listened to The Whole #9 Yards. 10 minutes ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Salted Caramel Brownie Brown Ale (New Belgium Ben & Jerry's). 1 hour ago
- Alexa added a rating for Tower Station IPA. 2 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Hangar 24 Amarillo Pale Ale. 3 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Tart of Darkness. 4 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Head Full of Dynomite v.5. 5 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to Going Vertical with Three Philosophers. 6 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Le Petit Diablotin. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap