Happy Thanksgiving! Color is dark brown with a dark tan colored head. The head is about 1-finger thick and lasts forever with good lacing. Aroma is strong and boozy with lots of bourbon present. Taste is fantastically smooth. Coffee, chocolate, oak, vanilla, coconut, black currant, and dark bread. But nothing stands out quite like the bourbon. Dark fruit flavors as well, like raspberry and blueberry. Gets sweet as it warms, with brown sugar and molasses in the finish. Mouthfeel is warming, with a texture that is oily and sticky but it isn't syrupy. Medium body - not viscous or cloying. This imperial stout aged in Wild Turkey barrels just seems like the perfect way to wind down after that Thanksgiving dinner.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- plarson added a rating for Rve Coffee Stout - Mocha Hazelnut . 43 minutes ago
- Irishnc listened to Founders. 1 hour ago
- Irishnc listened to Pacific Northwest. 2 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Derivative: El Dorado. 3 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Bodhizafa IPA. 4 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to The Whole #9 Yards. 5 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for 2nd Shift Brewing Kolsch. 6 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for East River IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity