Happy Thanksgiving! Color is dark brown with a dark tan colored head. The head is about 1-finger thick and lasts forever with good lacing. Aroma is strong and boozy with lots of bourbon present. Taste is fantastically smooth. Coffee, chocolate, oak, vanilla, coconut, black currant, and dark bread. But nothing stands out quite like the bourbon. Dark fruit flavors as well, like raspberry and blueberry. Gets sweet as it warms, with brown sugar and molasses in the finish. Mouthfeel is warming, with a texture that is oily and sticky but it isn't syrupy. Medium body - not viscous or cloying. This imperial stout aged in Wild Turkey barrels just seems like the perfect way to wind down after that Thanksgiving dinner.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Tea Weiss. 6 minutes ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to Brews and Blues in St. Louis. 52 minutes ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Lizard People. 2 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for White Sand Imperial IPA. 3 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to Beers Up North. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Love Child No. 5. 5 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Got Damn. 6 hours ago
- silversurfer and 1 other listened to OMG Brewery Ommegang!. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity