Anchor Steam Beer pours a non-transparent, dark amber color with one finger of off-white, creamy head. The head is sticky and long lasting, supported by multiple streams of ascending carbonation bubbles. Malt forward aroma. Taste is smooth and malty, with light caramel sweetness and soft, doughy notes. We get a bit of hops for balance, but that’s not a focus with this style. Light bodied with the unique steam beer flavor that comes from lager yeast using more of a ale-style brewing process. Mouthfeel is dry and refreshing, and the finish is creamy smooth. One of our gateway beers into the craft-world, it now has a new label but still the same distinctive taste.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- plarson listened to Newport Beach and SoCal Beers. 4 minutes ago
- budman1 added a rating for Bronx Brewery Rye Ale. 1 hour ago
- ghost74 listened to IPAs East and West. 2 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Just Vanilla - Cuvee. 3 hours ago
- AnnaB listened to Iconic Beers of 2020: Pliny for President, Black is Beautiful and More!. 4 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Elderberry Sour. 5 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Trader Joe's Sour Blueberry. 6 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Peeper Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity