Anchor Steam Beer pours a non-transparent, dark amber color with one finger of off-white, creamy head. The head is sticky and long lasting, supported by multiple streams of ascending carbonation bubbles. Malt forward aroma. Taste is smooth and malty, with light caramel sweetness and soft, doughy notes. We get a bit of hops for balance, but that’s not a focus with this style. Light bodied with the unique steam beer flavor that comes from lager yeast using more of a ale-style brewing process. Mouthfeel is dry and refreshing, and the finish is creamy smooth. One of our gateway beers into the craft-world, it now has a new label but still the same distinctive taste.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Batch 15 IPA. 49 minutes ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Black Rajah. 2 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to Orange County. 2 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to All About the Stout. 4 hours ago
- lauralane listened to Pacific Northwest. 4 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Santilli. 6 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Safety Porpoises. 6 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Cougar. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity