Color is reddish, medium to dark amber with a razor thin, dark tan colored head. Strong, boozy aroma. Wow - the taste is bold, in your face booziness. You can't miss the 15.4% as each sip warms your whole upper body. Smooth, malty flavors of dark bread soaked in a sweetness of vanilla, caramel, butterscotch, molasses, and brown sugar. Mild hints of dark fruit and even banana. Plus there are underlying bourbon and oak flavors from the time spent in the barrel. Mouthfeel is buttery and warming. Quite complex with a lot going on. It's light on the carbonation but with a full body - perfect for the style. While this will surely cellar well, it's very enjoyable now, especially on a cold winter day.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 added a rating for Cranberry Quince Berliner Weisse. 2 minutes ago
- Irishnc listened to The Greatest Porter in the World. 37 minutes ago
- budman1 added a rating for Nova Vert. 2 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Cloud Curtain - Mosaic. 2 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Grand Teton Brewing Sour Brown. 4 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for The Cryo-Chronic IPA. 4 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Big Sur Double IPA. 6 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Wookie Down Imperial Red Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity