Color is reddish, medium to dark amber with a razor thin, dark tan colored head. Strong, boozy aroma. Wow - the taste is bold, in your face booziness. You can't miss the 15.4% as each sip warms your whole upper body. Smooth, malty flavors of dark bread soaked in a sweetness of vanilla, caramel, butterscotch, molasses, and brown sugar. Mild hints of dark fruit and even banana. Plus there are underlying bourbon and oak flavors from the time spent in the barrel. Mouthfeel is buttery and warming. Quite complex with a lot going on. It's light on the carbonation but with a full body - perfect for the style. While this will surely cellar well, it's very enjoyable now, especially on a cold winter day.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Interurban IPA. 22 minutes ago
- Missy19 listened to Orange County. 1 hour ago
- lauralane listened to Hoppy Danksgiving!. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Fueled by Gravity. 3 hours ago
- atlantic4400 listened to Newport Beach and SoCal Beers. 4 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for 99 Problems But A Peach Ain't One. 5 hours ago
- PrinceCharming listened to San Diego Part 2. 6 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Identity Crisis. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity