Color is reddish, medium to dark amber with a razor thin, dark tan colored head. Strong, boozy aroma. Wow - the taste is bold, in your face booziness. You can't miss the 15.4% as each sip warms your whole upper body. Smooth, malty flavors of dark bread soaked in a sweetness of vanilla, caramel, butterscotch, molasses, and brown sugar. Mild hints of dark fruit and even banana. Plus there are underlying bourbon and oak flavors from the time spent in the barrel. Mouthfeel is buttery and warming. Quite complex with a lot going on. It's light on the carbonation but with a full body - perfect for the style. While this will surely cellar well, it's very enjoyable now, especially on a cold winter day.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- rolandor6 added a rating for Berry the Hatchet. 27 minutes ago
- CoachBrobb890 added a rating for Rampant Imperial IPA. 35 minutes ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Hoptologist DIPA. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Creme Brulee Imperial Milk Stout. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Franz. 3 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to Celebration and Three DIPAs. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for StereoHopic IPA Vol. 1. 5 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Cantrip Kolsch. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity