As you may know, this beer is brewed with a new recipe and has a new label each year, and the uniqueness and history with this beer is something to appreciate. Now in its 46th year, this is a tradition that many of us look forward to every winter. This year’s beer is very dark brown in color with a 3-finger thick, tan colored, foamy head. Aroma is fairly mild but has a malty, cola-like smell like many brown ales. Taste is malt-forward with dark bread, light chocolate, and some holiday spice. We also get hints of coffee, honey, graham cracker, and molasses. The hops are piney and earthy. All of these flavors are moderate in intensity, and with the creamy carbonation, create a smooth mouthfeel and finish. Apparently this year called from something stronger, as the 7% is the highest ABV that we can recall seeing with this beer. But it’s still approachable and pretty easy to drink, which is especially important if you pick up the magnum like we did. Enjoy this one – Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- silversurfer added a rating for Cougar. 1 hour ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Lagertha. 2 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Panther. 3 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Otra Vez. 4 hours ago
- lposada listened to IPAs East and West. 4 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 and 1 other listened to Clown Shoes: Philled to the Brim. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Another One. 6 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to Red, White, and Peach. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity