The 42nd annual release of Anchor's Christmas Ale presents a new recipe as always, but retains the one-of-a-kind taste that we look for in this beer. Color is dark brown, almost black with a khaki head that is thick and foamy. The aroma is fruity and piney. On the taste, it's a malt-forward beer with hints of caramel and molasses. Hops provide balance, with some earthy and piney notes. There are several Christmas spices, as well as anise or black licorice, but all the spices are mild and subtle. Medium body with medium carbonation. We especially like the creamy texture in the mouthfeel. That velvety smoothness flows into the semi-sweet finish and leaves us wanting to grab another one of these before next year!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Chocolate Sombrero. 3 minutes ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Cougar. 1 hour ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Lagertha. 2 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Panther. 3 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Otra Vez. 4 hours ago
- lposada listened to IPAs East and West. 4 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 and 1 other listened to Clown Shoes: Philled to the Brim. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Another One. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity