The 42nd annual release of Anchor's Christmas Ale presents a new recipe as always, but retains the one-of-a-kind taste that we look for in this beer. Color is dark brown, almost black with a khaki head that is thick and foamy. The aroma is fruity and piney. On the taste, it's a malt-forward beer with hints of caramel and molasses. Hops provide balance, with some earthy and piney notes. There are several Christmas spices, as well as anise or black licorice, but all the spices are mild and subtle. Medium body with medium carbonation. We especially like the creamy texture in the mouthfeel. That velvety smoothness flows into the semi-sweet finish and leaves us wanting to grab another one of these before next year!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CityofAngels9 listened to The Greatest Porter in the World. 2 minutes ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Silver Lake Saison. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Shower Beer (Champion Brewing Company). 2 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Saint Archer Blonde Ale. 3 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to New Glory Days. 4 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Batch 15 IPA. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Champs de Fraises. 6 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Brandy Barrel-Aged Imperial Pumpkin Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity