The 42nd annual release of Anchor's Christmas Ale presents a new recipe as always, but retains the one-of-a-kind taste that we look for in this beer. Color is dark brown, almost black with a khaki head that is thick and foamy. The aroma is fruity and piney. On the taste, it's a malt-forward beer with hints of caramel and molasses. Hops provide balance, with some earthy and piney notes. There are several Christmas spices, as well as anise or black licorice, but all the spices are mild and subtle. Medium body with medium carbonation. We especially like the creamy texture in the mouthfeel. That velvety smoothness flows into the semi-sweet finish and leaves us wanting to grab another one of these before next year!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Irishnc added a rating for Alleycat Amber Ale. 8 minutes ago
- bruinsfan2001 and 1 other listened to Seattle Show. 52 minutes ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Doogie Bowser. 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale. 3 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Black Rajah. 4 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Velvet Glow. 5 hours ago
- plarson listened to Rocky Mountain Beer. 6 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Barrio Rojo. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity