Allagash Black is an interesting twist on the Belgian style. While the pour isn't as dark as its name implies, the chestnut color is dark for a Belgian-style ale. On the aroma it retains many classic Belgian qualities such as the bready yeast, cinnamon and raisin. The taste follows suit except for the one unusual difference: the malts are dark and roasted with a slightly smoky quality. This isn't enough to move the beer into the stout category, but it does lend it some stout qualities.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 added a rating for Hoss. 2 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Yuengling Lager. 2 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for De Garre Belgian Ale. 3 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Scary Jesus Rock Star. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Emerald Triangle IPA. 6 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Downtown Brown. 7 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Sabre-Toothed Squirrel. 8 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for AW-JEFF IT!. 9 hours ago
- More Latest Activity