Allagash Black is an interesting twist on the Belgian style. While the pour isn't as dark as its name implies, the chestnut color is dark for a Belgian-style ale. On the aroma it retains many classic Belgian qualities such as the bready yeast, cinnamon and raisin. The taste follows suit except for the one unusual difference: the malts are dark and roasted with a slightly smoky quality. This isn't enough to move the beer into the stout category, but it does lend it some stout qualities.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CoachBrobb890 added a rating for Samuel Adams Summer Ale. 11 minutes ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Blackened Voodoo Lager. 59 minutes ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Formless Reflections. 1 hour ago
- budman1 listened to Christmas Special. 1 hour ago
- Alexa added a rating for Anderson Valley Blood Orange Gose. 2 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Out of Bounds Strawberry Blonde. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to Great American Colorado Beers. 4 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Mamma's Candied Yams. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity