Allagash Black is an interesting twist on the Belgian style. While the pour isn't as dark as its name implies, the chestnut color is dark for a Belgian-style ale. On the aroma it retains many classic Belgian qualities such as the bready yeast, cinnamon and raisin. The taste follows suit except for the one unusual difference: the malts are dark and roasted with a slightly smoky quality. This isn't enough to move the beer into the stout category, but it does lend it some stout qualities.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 listened to California Grab Bag II. 3 minutes ago
- ghost74 listened to Pumpkin Show 2017. 55 minutes ago
- plarson added a rating for Zonker Stout. 2 hours ago
- plarson listened to Deja Stout. 2 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Gia Girl. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Imaginary Friends. 5 hours ago
- IPAman listened to The Fairly Okay Thanksgiving Podcast. 6 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn listened to Charge of the Light Beergade. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity