Allagash Black is an interesting twist on the Belgian style. While the pour isn't as dark as its name implies, the chestnut color is dark for a Belgian-style ale. On the aroma it retains many classic Belgian qualities such as the bready yeast, cinnamon and raisin. The taste follows suit except for the one unusual difference: the malts are dark and roasted with a slightly smoky quality. This isn't enough to move the beer into the stout category, but it does lend it some stout qualities.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- dheliker added a rating for Petty. 2 minutes ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Umbrella Single-Hop IPA. 59 minutes ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Blam! Blam!. 1 hour ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Seizoen. 2 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Crusher. 3 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Pumps Bumps -N- Rollers. 4 hours ago
- AnnaB listened to San Diego Part 2. 6 hours ago
- CoorsLightning listened to What Can Brown Do For Brew?. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity