Allagash Black is an interesting twist on the Belgian style. While the pour isn't as dark as its name implies, the chestnut color is dark for a Belgian-style ale. On the aroma it retains many classic Belgian qualities such as the bready yeast, cinnamon and raisin. The taste follows suit except for the one unusual difference: the malts are dark and roasted with a slightly smoky quality. This isn't enough to move the beer into the stout category, but it does lend it some stout qualities.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Collaboration No. 6 Barrel Aged Blend. 53 minutes ago
- ghost74 added a rating for El Sully. 1 hour ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Trappistes Rochefort 8. 2 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Pop-Up Session IPA. 3 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Lupulin River. 4 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Ace Of Spades. 5 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Hop Whoopin'. 7 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Squeezebox. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity