Winter Double IPA
Winter Double IPA from Kern River Brewing is a very good double IPA that would be good any time of year. It pours a copper, slightly orange color with a white head and a creamy mouthfeel throughout. The aroma is sweet and smooth with a little of the bready malts coming through. The hops come through on the flavor with tons of piney and floral hops followed by a sweet maltiness and a touch of booze in the aftertaste. There is also a refreshing bitterness in the aftertaste with some grapefruit and lemon flavors. With 'winter' in the title, you might expect more spices, but this tones that down and instead delivers a more classic West Coast Double IPA.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane added a rating for Paranoids Pale Ale. 53 minutes ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to Great American Colorado Beers. 2 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to L.A.I.P.As. 2 hours ago
- CoorsLightning listened to California Grab Bag II. 4 hours ago
- outlawninja12 listened to Seattle Show. 4 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Dorado High. 6 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for 22nd Crooked Line Birthday Suit. 7 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Isle Of MaGourdo. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity