Winter Double IPA
Winter Double IPA from Kern River Brewing is a very good double IPA that would be good any time of year. It pours a copper, slightly orange color with a white head and a creamy mouthfeel throughout. The aroma is sweet and smooth with a little of the bready malts coming through. The hops come through on the flavor with tons of piney and floral hops followed by a sweet maltiness and a touch of booze in the aftertaste. There is also a refreshing bitterness in the aftertaste with some grapefruit and lemon flavors. With 'winter' in the title, you might expect more spices, but this tones that down and instead delivers a more classic West Coast Double IPA.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Red Flag Amber. 18 minutes ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Sierra Nevada Golden IPA. 1 hour ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Phantasmagoria. 2 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Hitachino Nest White Ale. 3 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for The Cryo-Chronic IPA. 4 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to Oktoberfest 2016. 5 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Changeling. 6 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to Beaver State Brews. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity