Winter Double IPA
Winter Double IPA from Kern River Brewing is a very good double IPA that would be good any time of year. It pours a copper, slightly orange color with a white head and a creamy mouthfeel throughout. The aroma is sweet and smooth with a little of the bready malts coming through. The hops come through on the flavor with tons of piney and floral hops followed by a sweet maltiness and a touch of booze in the aftertaste. There is also a refreshing bitterness in the aftertaste with some grapefruit and lemon flavors. With 'winter' in the title, you might expect more spices, but this tones that down and instead delivers a more classic West Coast Double IPA.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jbcurtis added a rating for Double Pillow. 16 minutes ago
- jbcurtis listened to New Years Blast from the Past. 1 hour ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to Back to the Brews. 2 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy. 3 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Beer Camp Across America - Moxee-Moron. 4 hours ago
- jhmiller listened to Oktcovidtest 2020. 5 hours ago
- outlawninja12 listened to Charge of the Light Beergade. 5 hours ago
- outlawninja12 listened to Midwest Trip Part 2. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity