Winter Double IPA
Winter Double IPA from Kern River Brewing is a very good double IPA that would be good any time of year. It pours a copper, slightly orange color with a white head and a creamy mouthfeel throughout. The aroma is sweet and smooth with a little of the bready malts coming through. The hops come through on the flavor with tons of piney and floral hops followed by a sweet maltiness and a touch of booze in the aftertaste. There is also a refreshing bitterness in the aftertaste with some grapefruit and lemon flavors. With 'winter' in the title, you might expect more spices, but this tones that down and instead delivers a more classic West Coast Double IPA.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CoorsLightning added a rating for The New Frontier Triple California Style IPA. 1 hour ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Tropic Haze IPA. 2 hours ago
- lauralane listened to IPAs East and West. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for 300. 4 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Citra High. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Swami's IPA. 6 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to Hazy Shade of Winter. 6 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Hoss. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity