Welcome to LA commemorates the opening of Firestone's Taproom in Marina Del Ray. This beer attempts to meld qualities of two of the most popular beer styles: the drink-ability and low-ABV of the lager with the hops and flavor of the IPA. Welcome to LA does a pretty good job of that. It pours a pale golden color with a slim white head and an abundance of carbonation. The aroma pairs pine and citrus hops with a smooth bready malt quality. The flavor features a cracker-like malt base with some spicy English-like hops in the aftertaste. The "hoppy lager" is a style of beer which started to show some prominence a few years ago and then seemed to die down a bit. But there are so many good qualities to this beer, it would definitely be nice to see more of this style of beer in the future.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Irishnc added a rating for Unfiltered Sculpin. 1 hour ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Bretta Rose No. 003. 2 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to It's a Trappist!. 2 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for The Sister. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Avery Twenty Three Anniversary. 4 hours ago
- Alexa listened to Oktcovidtest 2021. 5 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Southern Woodpile Foeder Bier. 7 hours ago
- spaceman23 and 1 other added a rating for Icelandic Winter Ale (2016). 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity