Tusk & Grain: Wee Heavy
Tusk & Grain Wee Heavy pours a dark, dark brown with a finger of tan head that sticks around and laces nicely. The nose is amazing that starts with a pleasant nuttiness, caramel malts, and biscuit. Although it's brewed with hazelnuts and cacao nibs, we couldn't really pick those up in the flavor. There's a mild nuttiness, but it's got a heavy maltiness with a touch of caramel, oak, bourbon, and vanilla that's really nice. It's somewhat thin for a Wee Heavy, and has moderate carbonation - but what it lacks in mouthfeel it makes up in flavor. It's also dangerous at 11.32% ABV, we wouldn't describe it as boozy. It's wonderfully balanced and does not have that alcohol bite you'd expect.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for ALL CAPS. 50 minutes ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Out Of Your Gourd Pumpkin Porter. 2 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Hop Whoopin'. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Bottom Cutter Imperial IPA. 3 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to L.A. Beers. 5 hours ago
- lposada listened to Beaver State Brews. 6 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Mosaic Promise. 6 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn listened to Founders. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity