Tusk & Grain: Wee Heavy
Tusk & Grain Wee Heavy pours a dark, dark brown with a finger of tan head that sticks around and laces nicely. The nose is amazing that starts with a pleasant nuttiness, caramel malts, and biscuit. Although it's brewed with hazelnuts and cacao nibs, we couldn't really pick those up in the flavor. There's a mild nuttiness, but it's got a heavy maltiness with a touch of caramel, oak, bourbon, and vanilla that's really nice. It's somewhat thin for a Wee Heavy, and has moderate carbonation - but what it lacks in mouthfeel it makes up in flavor. It's also dangerous at 11.32% ABV, we wouldn't describe it as boozy. It's wonderfully balanced and does not have that alcohol bite you'd expect.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Little Beast Brewing Lager. 18 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Belt & Suspenders. 1 hour ago
- IPAman added a rating for Mikkeller Beer Geek Cocoa Shake. 2 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Ten Fidy. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to Iconic Beers of 2020: Pliny for President, Black is Beautiful and More!. 4 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Squatters Juicy IPA. 5 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for 5 Lb Sledge Hammer. 6 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Strawberry Milkshake IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity