Tusk & Grain: Wee Heavy
Tusk & Grain Wee Heavy pours a dark, dark brown with a finger of tan head that sticks around and laces nicely. The nose is amazing that starts with a pleasant nuttiness, caramel malts, and biscuit. Although it's brewed with hazelnuts and cacao nibs, we couldn't really pick those up in the flavor. There's a mild nuttiness, but it's got a heavy maltiness with a touch of caramel, oak, bourbon, and vanilla that's really nice. It's somewhat thin for a Wee Heavy, and has moderate carbonation - but what it lacks in mouthfeel it makes up in flavor. It's also dangerous at 11.32% ABV, we wouldn't describe it as boozy. It's wonderfully balanced and does not have that alcohol bite you'd expect.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Birra Nursia Bionda. 1 hour ago
- Alexa added a rating for Wolf Child Double IPA. 2 hours ago
- lauralane listened to OMG Brewery Ommegang!. 2 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Zonker Stout. 3 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Sippin on Dank. 4 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Grand Hill IPA. 5 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Prinsipia. 6 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Victory Festbier. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity