Tusk & Grain: Wee Heavy
Tusk & Grain Wee Heavy pours a dark, dark brown with a finger of tan head that sticks around and laces nicely. The nose is amazing that starts with a pleasant nuttiness, caramel malts, and biscuit. Although it's brewed with hazelnuts and cacao nibs, we couldn't really pick those up in the flavor. There's a mild nuttiness, but it's got a heavy maltiness with a touch of caramel, oak, bourbon, and vanilla that's really nice. It's somewhat thin for a Wee Heavy, and has moderate carbonation - but what it lacks in mouthfeel it makes up in flavor. It's also dangerous at 11.32% ABV, we wouldn't describe it as boozy. It's wonderfully balanced and does not have that alcohol bite you'd expect.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Little Juice Smoothie. 18 minutes ago
- DadMike added a rating for Hofbrau Oktoberfest. 26 minutes ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for The Blue. 49 minutes ago
- Missy19 listened to Iconic Beers of 2020: Pliny for President, Black is Beautiful and More!. 1 hour ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Paulaner Oktoberfest Marzen. 2 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Ayinger Oktober Fest-Marzen. 2 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Sam Adams Octoberfest. 2 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer 1516 Kellerbier. 2 hours ago
- More Latest Activity