Tusk & Grain: Wee Heavy
Tusk & Grain Wee Heavy pours a dark, dark brown with a finger of tan head that sticks around and laces nicely. The nose is amazing that starts with a pleasant nuttiness, caramel malts, and biscuit. Although it's brewed with hazelnuts and cacao nibs, we couldn't really pick those up in the flavor. There's a mild nuttiness, but it's got a heavy maltiness with a touch of caramel, oak, bourbon, and vanilla that's really nice. It's somewhat thin for a Wee Heavy, and has moderate carbonation - but what it lacks in mouthfeel it makes up in flavor. It's also dangerous at 11.32% ABV, we wouldn't describe it as boozy. It's wonderfully balanced and does not have that alcohol bite you'd expect.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for California 99 Golden Ale. 35 minutes ago
- snfan13 listened to Will You Beer My Valentine?. 1 hour ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Rebel IPA. 2 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Pilsner Urquell. 3 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to Pumpkin Show 2018. 4 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for La Résistance Sour Ale. 5 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Thirsty Trout Porter. 6 hours ago
- PrinceCharming listened to New England Part 1: The Maine Event. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity