Tusk & Grain: Wee Heavy
Tusk & Grain Wee Heavy pours a dark, dark brown with a finger of tan head that sticks around and laces nicely. The nose is amazing that starts with a pleasant nuttiness, caramel malts, and biscuit. Although it's brewed with hazelnuts and cacao nibs, we couldn't really pick those up in the flavor. There's a mild nuttiness, but it's got a heavy maltiness with a touch of caramel, oak, bourbon, and vanilla that's really nice. It's somewhat thin for a Wee Heavy, and has moderate carbonation - but what it lacks in mouthfeel it makes up in flavor. It's also dangerous at 11.32% ABV, we wouldn't describe it as boozy. It's wonderfully balanced and does not have that alcohol bite you'd expect.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane added a rating for Crush Cucumber Sour. 1 hour ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for 5 Hop Black IPA. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn and 1 other added a rating for Rogue American Amber Ale. 3 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Jai Alai. 4 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Canebrake. 5 hours ago
- rdgrodgers commented on beer Vanilla Infused Porter. 6 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Citra Double IPA. 6 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Funky Gold Simcoe. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity