Tusk & Grain: Wee Heavy
Tusk & Grain Wee Heavy pours a dark, dark brown with a finger of tan head that sticks around and laces nicely. The nose is amazing that starts with a pleasant nuttiness, caramel malts, and biscuit. Although it's brewed with hazelnuts and cacao nibs, we couldn't really pick those up in the flavor. There's a mild nuttiness, but it's got a heavy maltiness with a touch of caramel, oak, bourbon, and vanilla that's really nice. It's somewhat thin for a Wee Heavy, and has moderate carbonation - but what it lacks in mouthfeel it makes up in flavor. It's also dangerous at 11.32% ABV, we wouldn't describe it as boozy. It's wonderfully balanced and does not have that alcohol bite you'd expect.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Diesel5 added a rating for The New Frontier Triple California Style IPA. 34 minutes ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for San Diego Pale Ale .394. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Mind Haze IPA. 2 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Tre Fontane Tripel Trappist Ale. 3 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Flocculative Tendencies. 4 hours ago
- atlantic4400 and 1 other listened to Dogfish Head at OTP. 5 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to Thanksgiving Leftovers. 6 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Erdinger Oktoberfest. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity