Tusk & Grain: Wee Heavy
Tusk & Grain Wee Heavy pours a dark, dark brown with a finger of tan head that sticks around and laces nicely. The nose is amazing that starts with a pleasant nuttiness, caramel malts, and biscuit. Although it's brewed with hazelnuts and cacao nibs, we couldn't really pick those up in the flavor. There's a mild nuttiness, but it's got a heavy maltiness with a touch of caramel, oak, bourbon, and vanilla that's really nice. It's somewhat thin for a Wee Heavy, and has moderate carbonation - but what it lacks in mouthfeel it makes up in flavor. It's also dangerous at 11.32% ABV, we wouldn't describe it as boozy. It's wonderfully balanced and does not have that alcohol bite you'd expect.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa and 1 other added a rating for Rye-on-Rye-on-Rye. 29 minutes ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Toaster Pastry. 1 hour ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Lava Smoked Imperial Porter. 2 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Everyone Gose Mad. 3 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Rock the Pale Ale. 4 hours ago
- AnnaB listened to Get Your Kicks 66. 5 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Cold Beer on a Hot Summer Day. 6 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Gigantic IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity